Nintendo Switch

Ha! Sure it was and I do remember. But the competition was the same price. Nowadays, nope.

Other console games were somewhat cheaper in Europe and Japan, but the 8/16 bits computer games were the real low-cost offer in Europe. Oftentimes, for good (aka wrong!) reasons.

I think I only bought 3 or 4 games for the Super Nintendo, one of which was the most expensive game I ever bought (over 700 francs!).

Which one?

Please. No. Donā€™t ask. No.

Iā€™ll even say that I sold my favourite shmup of all-time, PC Engineā€™s Spriggan, to afford it :O

Oh the pain.

At the risk of being further teased by @Left_Empty, Iā€™m going to share the latest rumor:

Ooh, thereā€™s something I might pay full price for!

A new Simogo title is not quite an instant buy, but itā€™s definitely something Iā€™ll take another look at.

Harvestella seems like a nice Rune Factory, although the devilā€™s always in the implementation details.

Nier: Automata is a bit of a surprise, Persona trilogy less so, but nice to see. I might possibly play P3 Girls side, since I started but never finished that back in the day.

A pretty decent lineup, although thereā€™s a bunch that are 2023.

Of those, the Persona games are the only ones Iā€™m really interested in. I started 5 on PS3 and enjoyed it, but itā€™s the sort of game I could only end up making it all the way through handheld on the couch with the TV on.

So out of those games, only the Mario+Rabbids sequel is a Switch exclusive right?

Is Live A Live on other platforms?

Nope. Thatā€™s another one. And I think Dragon Quest Treasures might be another, but Iā€™m not sure on that one. I bet Square might actually bring both of those to the PC I bet.

Super Famicom? :)

It looks like Blanc is also a Switch exclusive, if Iā€™m reading that article correctly.

And another game looks like a Disney/Pixar version of Animal Crossing?? Sold!

Also everyone should own Portal and Portal 2.

Thanks for name checking Mario + Rabbids because now I have a release date! Iā€™m not much of a sequels person but Iā€™m super hyped for that.

There is a Direct dedicated to it tomorrow, FYI.

Ah cheers! I think after that short trailer showing off the new combat system I should be good until release now. Looks very fluid and intuitive.

I am interested in learning more about Railgrade but I think I rather play it on PC.

Both Spelunkys are on sale! Both very good and an acquired taste that might be for you even if you think itā€™s not. https://twitter.com/mossmouth/status/1542580969432940545?s=21&t=05JviZd57yWnfXp6dDOTWw

Oh man I love me some Spelunky! I guess Iā€™m going to keep rebuying games just to have them on the Switch.