Nintendo Switch

Oh nice, cheers.

Itā€™s superb. Definitely play it. Both DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze are fantastic games.

The worst part is that weā€™ll never get the game shown to us at the Switch unveiling. The new Metroid 4 will likely be a completely different game.

Itā€™s cool that Nintendo are being so transparent and just letting everyone know up front there will be a sequel to Metroid Prime from Retro, but not to expect it anytime soon. A Game Informer reporter offered some tidbits about why the initial version encountered some issues in development.

Apparently a Switch port of the original Trilogy is ready to roll, too!

Not sure if seriousā€¦ but what is this game youā€™re remembering? Because all thatā€™s ever been shown of Metroid 4 is the logo teaser at E3 2017. :)

You mean a logo?

Yeah, hard to get upset about never seeing what was being worked on when we never saw anything that they worked on!

Frankly, any fan of a game thatā€™s acknowledged to be in development is already spoiled rotten. I wish some of my favorite franchises had a new game in work!

Never got into Prime on the GC. It was my first MetroidVania and I hated the fact that there were areas I couldnā€™t get to ā€œyetā€ and couldnā€™t wrap my head around that concept. Iā€™m glad to hear they are allegedly being remade. Although I did buy the trilogy on the Wii and still never got around to playing them.

Cannot complain about Nintendoā€™s customer service. Repaired my out of warranty joycons for free. Good as new.

I donā€™t have any idea what caused the drift issue in both. And both went bad at the same time, too.

Maybe Nintendoā€™s about to host a January Direct and were concerned a Metroid Prime 4 no-show would upset people? If itā€™s true, I hope the restart doesnā€™t delay the Trilogy port, because it would suck to think Nintendo were just sitting on something thatā€™s basically finished. I would totally be placated by two-and-a-half great games over a WIP sequel we know no details about.

Makes sense to me, the first 2019 Direct was rumoured for the 10th but didnā€™t happen. Though there was a ā€˜Nindies Directā€™ only a couple days ago so hopefully that wasnā€™t it.

Okay, now Iā€™m back on my PC I found this:

https://wargroove.com/gameplay/

Iā€™m definitely picking up Wargroove for switch if we can get some async multi games going here.

I am failing to pick up the excitement around Wargroove: Uniwars had already tried the multiplayer async Advance Wars thing and it was about as exciting as a rock-paper-scissor session that wouldnā€™t end. The real new thing seems to be having 4 players at once, which sounds great for dynamic alliances, but I have doubt over having that many players in async. If iOS told me anything, having over 2 players on a single async game means that much more chance for somebody being busy, losing interest, forgetting, or worse, dropping and ruining the game. I have never seen a game of Nightfall to the end because of that.
Iā€™m grumpy today, I need to go get something to eat, I guess.

Iā€™ve been playing Solium Infernum and Chaos Reborn for years, both up to six players async! :-D

I never got a game going with Uniwar unfortunately.

I played tons of Uniwar. It was my first and favorite iPhone game. Never had problems finding and finishing games and was ranked pretty high.

Wargroove has a campaign right? As much as I enjoy the multiplayer, Iā€™d be getting it for that first.

As with most multi platform games nowadays, Switch just wins. That flexibility of how to play, when, and where is just king.

I was going to preorder Wargroove, but I pulled the trigger on Steamworld Heist instead. Will definitely get it if itā€™s a reasonable take on Advance Wars.

I preordered Wargroove for the Switch but I could see buying the Steam version for the modding aspect. I believe all the versions can create scenarios, maps, etc, but I think modding would only happen on the PC version.