Nintendo Switch

The Switch eShop is always running some kind of sale, it’s one of the main tabs on the eShop menu. There’s a lot of rubbish on sale always, but if there’s something (non Nintendo first party) you want, it’s probably been discounted 15%-25% off in the past year.

Even Nintendo first party stuff is being discounted occasionally these days, they seem to do theme months.

There’s definitely a thing where obscure games do deep discounts just to get featured in the sale section. I wouldn’t say they’re “fake” discounts though, not many things are ever on “permanent discount” that I’ve seen. (Maybe Nintendo limits it?)

Last night I picked up two Steamworld games and Bastion each for less than 3 or 4 dollars. That’s some amazing good value. Also very tempted by FF12 for $29

Qubic Games, Blowfish Studio, Merge Games are but a few of the publishers that rotate every two weeks half their catalogue at 90% off. Other than that spam, some have also the practice of selling at 90% off a game they sell for 25 bucks, while you can spot them on other platforms by different publishers at 9$. Anything goes on the eShop.

I’ll also point out that the wishlist feature on the eShop works pretty well, especially now that they e-mail you when something on your list goes on sale.

Where is this located? I don’t see it on a product’s page.

Under the purchase button on a games page should be “Add to wishlist”. To actually access your wishlist you have to click on your profile picture in the upper right hand corner of the eShop.

When did this come in? Because I’ve always used wishlist but yet to receive any emails.

Samewise. Not that I complain, I check daily anyway, but I am curious why I don’t get them.

Man, i saw that worms wmd was on sale, so i picked it to. I loved the worms games.

But it seems like the online play is pretty much dead. It’s very hard to find an online match at all.

I’m just not seeing it. I was going to add to wishlist some of the dragon quest games, here is whats I see:

Try on the Switch

I loved that about the DS Lite! Would close a game up and pick right back up from where I left off weeks later. On the 3DS? Depleted battery after a couple of days.

Yeah, might only be accessible on device, thanks Nintendo!

The emails started a couple months ago, I didn’t do anything to explicitly opt into them as far as I know.

This is pretty good. Thanks!

Has anybody played Lost Sphear on the Switch? Thoughts on the game? How’s performance on the Switch?

There seems to be a pretty good sale on it right now, thinking about picking it up.

I haven’t played it, but that’s because every other Tokyo RPG Factory game has been mediocre at best. I haven’t heard anything that would imply they’ve learned to be any better.

I lost interest and didn’t bother to finish… the demo. It gave off an overwhelming vibe of generic also-ran PS1 JRPG. Maybe it gets better, or maybe you’re feeling nostalgic for the likes of Legend of Dragoon, but I didn’t see anything that piqued my interest in the bit I played.

thanks, got the original Crypt of the Necrodancer and Jotun Valhalla edition … I am already building a backlog.
Also the Sw Lite is now my official Souls machine!

Haha wouldn’t expect anything less from this forum! ;)

OK, after 3 weeks I noticed yesterday night an issue with the left control stick during Golf Story. When I setup a ball, the aiming line/arc drifted on his own to the right!

it only happened when I made small adjustments with the left stick controlling the aim.

I went to the console settings stick calibration, and there I could see that if I do small adjustments to the right, the dot on the screen stays right of the center, causing a drift in game. It snaps back to the center if I nudge the stick a bit, but I could definitely reproduce it . Tried this with the right stick, but it was OK.

I thought, that maybe when I turned on the switch a couple of minutes before, after I inserted a new memory card, that the left stick was a bit off center, so I turned it off and on again, didn’t help.

I recalibrated the stick a couple of times and it looks like now I cannot reproduce it anymore. But a warning shot has been fired, thanks Nintendo! I will be paranoid now concerning the left stick …

Why is there no dead zone calibration and what does the included calbibration really do?