Nintendo Switch

Time to dismantle mine and extract the gold.

Set mine up, looks pretty nifty. Problem is by the time I got it running my kids were home, little one is playing Rocket League and the older one Fifa.

So my go at Golf Story will have to wait.

Splashed some cash on games.

Zelda Breath of the Wild
Animal Crossing (Came with console)
Rocket League (Youngest Choice)
Fifa 20 (Eldest Choice even though he has it on Xbox and PS4)
Mario Tennis Aces
Golf Story
Deep Diving Adventures

For the Future - Fitness Boxing, Mario Odyssey, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Sword. - Might need to win the lottery to afford them as they aint cheap.

Do you need to have your Switch already in hand in order to buy sale games on the eshop?

So how important is multiplayer to Animal Crossing? I donā€™t even know anyone else personally who has a Switch, and never touch multiplayer games anyway. Will I be missing out?

Mostly for showing off, though you can also trade. If you miss a super cute holiday outfit, or a friend makes a cool custom design, you can use multiplayer to trade for stuff afaik

AC on the DS was fun even if you never went to another island. You wouldnā€™t be able to have every type of fruit tree though. Not sure if stuff like that still persists.

Yes, they wonā€™t add games to your account w/o a switch on it. Sometimes things that go onsale on the eshop might have a digital version you can buy on Amazon that will go on sale too. But they often donā€™t.

Speaking of islands, the world seems pretty small. I imagine thereā€™s a lot more to see beneath the surface, but I canā€™t help but raise my eyebrows a bit as a first impression.

Itā€™s small, because you are supposed to go all over it almost daily, so you donā€™t want things to be too far remote. Youā€™ll thank it later for that.

If folks are interested in breaking out the ACNH discussion to its own thread, Iā€™ve created one over yonder:

This. Plus when you forget to show up for a week or three @anonymgeist, youā€™ll be happy for less weeds to mow down.

Its so weird to have a game, where after an hour, you are done. As in, there is absolutely nothing more to do. Then you have to wait until the next day.

I hope things open up a bit more later on!

Consider Super Smash Bros. too if youā€™re fighting-game inclined, itā€™s amazing and generous and supports 8 players per Switch. :)

This one does have the new couch co-op for up to 4 players on a single Switch, if you want to get your mates to come pull up weedsā€¦ ;)

Set up with Tom Nook on Isla Nubla. Just found a washing machine in a tree! GOTY!

I found a pinball machine in a tree! Whee!

I got a high-end stereo system in a tree! Woohoo!

I got a freaking ironā€¦ Ā“ą¼Žąŗ¶ą½¼Ļą¼Žąŗ¶ą½¼`

A couple of games are on heavy sale: Pikuniku for 1 buck, and When Ski Lifts Go Wrong for 1.5 buck.

I grabbed When Skiā€¦ because I seemed to remember somebody praising it months ago, and itā€™s a really nice bridge building game with more than a single twist. It even features a little surprise that I had hoped was in early on. Always happy when a game doesnā€™t disappoint!
The Switch port seems absolutely perfect.

Also there is a dungeon crawler called Vaporum discounted for a little less than 10 dollars. As those games were discussed in this thread earlier, I didnā€™t remembe rif that one was mentionned. It is real time but features a pause function.

I take it you donā€™t play mobile games then.