Nintendo Switch

This is probably the game that was rumored upthread, in what @MrTibbs linked.

Yeah ok. Iā€™ll play some of those things.

Tetris battle royale is the battle royale we needed.

Very excited for Astral Chain, DQXI S, and Mario Maker 2, but otherwise that was just an okay Direct. I was super disappointed when the Zelda trailer transitioned from that gorgeous art style teased at the start to that gaudy plasticine look. I was hoping to hear about Retro, snag a Resi 4 date, and that rumored port of the Metroid Prime trilogy. The filler in the middle made it a little underwhelming.

Thatā€™s what I was hoping for more than anything, as well. I guess we can assume if itā€™s not in this Direct, itā€™s not coming before Summer, or even Fall, of this year.

Linkā€™s Awakening looks awesome. I played the shit out of that on the Game Boy. Very surprised there was nothing on Metroid Prime Trilogy. Wasnā€™t it rumored to be finished and ready to go?

Yeah, this is what I read. Maybe we all read this from the same source, and it was just completely wrong.

This is Grid Autosport

You missed Unravel 2, I think

Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: every buddy on March 20

Ah, thanks!

Iā€™m sure I missed a few things while typing. I was trying to keep up but damn they were rapid fire with the reveals and announcements much of the time.

Good set of announcements in my book. A new Platinum action game will always have my immediate attention. Iā€™ve been waiting on DQXI, and this looks like it will be the best way to experience that. I was certain to get Bloodstained either way, and again, this looks like the ideal version.

Nobody here mentioned the new Chocoboā€™s Mystery Dungeon, but more roguelikes are always very welcome. Canā€™t tell from the trailer how much of a new game this is vs. a remake of the Wii one.

And Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Rune Factory, Oninaki, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Daemon X Machina, and Linkā€™s Awakening are all at least ā€œkeep an eye on and see how word of mouth isā€ games for me.

ā€œIā€™m sure youā€™re very curious about Bayonetta 3ā€¦ā€

Hell yes! Finally gonna get to see the game Iā€™m going to buy a Switch for!

ā€œā€¦the developers are hard at workā€ snaps fingers

Fuck youuuuuuuuu

So much this. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll end up getting it at some pointā€¦ but man, that art style. Extremely offputting.

Well, Iā€¦

Wait, what? Maybe I should look closer at thisā€¦

Actually I did mention Chocobo, a couple of posts before yours. This is a remake of Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon.

Very happy they are doing this, but would be even happier if it were Chocobo Tales insteadā€¦and Shiren the Wanderer.

Hey, I did a CTRL-F for ā€œchocoboā€ and nothing came up. Hoist by your own creative misspelling!

And yeah, I saw a couple of characters that looked familiar from Fables, but couldnā€™t tell what the proportion of new stuff might be.

So say we all.

Goddammit autocorrect!

Hmm Astral Chain could be cool. It depends on what the rest of the game is that surrounds the Platinum combat.

OMG that Zelda remake! Sign me up!

Itā€™s basically sci-fi Stand combat (see: JoJoā€™s Bizarre Adventure) in a Neo-Tokyo, by Platinum. Iā€™m on board.

The pink haired girl could have been a Devola/Popola, if you really want to convince yourself itā€™s Nier-adjacent.

Linkā€™s Awakening
I never played this one, since I pretty much skipped from The Legend of Zelda 1 & 2 on the NES to Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. I have played A Link to the past though on my 3DS, and from what I understand that game was a direct sequel to Linkā€™s Awakening, possibly even using the same overworld map.

But after playing through Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Breath of the Wild, and Wind Waker in recent years, Iā€™m a little Zeldaā€™d out. The jury is still out, but I will probably skip this entry.

Tetris 99
This sounds good to me. Tetris Party on the Wii had some great competitive couch PvP action, and it was my favorite mode in the game. I only ever played against my wife, but the competitive fun was certainly there and we put a boatload of time into the game.

I do wonder if it will still be fun playing vs online opponents though. Maybe, maybe not. Now that I think about it, Iā€™m not so sure. Hmmā€¦ is it free to play? And can I play without Nintendoā€™s Xbox Live service? All questions I should answer before I get too hyped over this title.

Astral Chain
I havenā€™t seen any footage of this one yet, but Iā€™m already interested because of Platinum. As long as it doesnā€™t go the way of Starfox Zero or The Legend of Korra Iā€™ll probably pick it up at or near release. I do hope they come up with a new way to represent enemy life that fractal health bars with no discernible end.

Platinumā€™s Bayonetta 2, Transformers Devastation, and the Wonderful 101 have won me over for the long haul.

Mario Maker 2
I always felt like my maps were lost in the crowd in the original. Out of the dozen or two maps I uploaded, only a couple really took off. And since they were all brilliant, I can only assume the problem had more to do with Nintendoā€™s algorithms than my own failings. Add this problem to the fact that most maps people uploaded seemed to be gimmick maps instead of actual platforming adventures, and I quickly lost interested after a couple hundred hours spent playing the game.

I wonā€™t be buying this on day one.

Iā€™ll be pre-ordering.

I have no idea why the trailer ends with a dog cop picking up trash, but it increases my hype tenfold.