Nintendo's 2016 Console Release - The NES Classic Edition

Punch Out is still pretty great too.

Maybe I should get this to educate my kids on the classics before they get sucked into tablet crafters.

On the other hand, do I really want to teach them about the concept of rage and throwing controllers?

Really I find it hard to argue with the selections at all. Sure if I were creating the list I might swap in some things like Marble Madness, or Duck Hunt, but I think that is a pretty worthy list of games.

Did anyone actually play Duck Hunt more than 30 minutes total? People bring up the light gun whenever the NES comes up, but we always left it on the shelf.

I know my cousin still plays Cobra Triangle on an emulator. I hope the hackers figure out how to add more games.

I certainly played duck hunt for more then 30 minutes total. I can’t argue it should be included but it was a fun little game to play every once in a while. Pretty solid list overall. I look toward to my daughter being introduced to the classics with a controller that doesn’t have fifteen buttons on it.

Star Tropics was one of my favorite NES games, really happy to see it included here.

Hogan’s Alley was the premiere light gun game in my house.

Also, no River City Ransom or Super Dodgeball. :(

Probably getting one, especially if I can bring it into the minivan easily for my kids.

I had the Sega Genesis Menacer, because my parents didn’t love me.

(They did, I was just a Sega fanboy)

AFAIK, there were only ever two games for it–the 6-game multipack (bad) and Terminator 2 (AWESOME). Terminator 2 pretty much justifies the existence of lightgun peripherals in my eyes.

It does what NintenDON’T!

You pretty much ruined my day here.

That’s okay, I still fire up the emulator every few years.

It’s a super price for a fantastic collection of games. The fact you can use any classic controller for the Wii as a second controller (or buy an NES pad for this device and use it with Virtual Console on Wii) is genius too.

I’m betting the emulation is on par with that of the Virtual Console too so expect games to be exacting. That’s still been my favorite thing about VC Is their commitment to qualtiy.

I’ve got a 2.5 year old. Hells yes I am getting this to play with him. One of my wife’s cousins has a MAME cabinet, and he played Marble Madness and pinball, and loved it. Bubble Bobble, Balloon Fight, and Mario?

No Contra?!

Who pinched their hand in the marble madness machine, and gave themselves a blood blister?

Isn’t that what Super C is?

Edit - I think it is.

Super C is Contra 2, more or less.

Seems like a fair package with a decent games selection, although: 1) it would have been nice had they let this thing connect to the Virtual Console store so that you could fetch more NES games; 2) two Castlevania games - and none of them is Castlevania III.

The NES fell into a gap in my video gaming years. Other than a bout with the above-mentioned Contra at a friend’s house, I have little experience with the machine’s library. Consequently, I have no nostalgia for that machine.

Now, if they made a mini-SNES with Secret of Mana and Toejam & Earl on there…

i always enjoyed playing as the ducks in Duck Hunt when my sister was trying to shoot them, but not telling her I was controlling them

They’re gonna sell a ton of these. That game list is excellent and this is a simple, straightforward way to get NES game on an HDMI screen with good quality. Those retro game collection devices are actually very successful, and this one should dwarf the Master system and Atari devices with sheer game quality and nostalgia.

Too bad they didn’t have Blades of Steel in there. Tecmo Bowl was a good one, though.