Nioh 2 - Turn demons into loot again

Nioh 2 start more dificult than many games. But is because you are strangled by the economy:

• no stamina
  • no cool moves
  • no magic / ninja tools

after a bit of grinding all these 3 things dissolve
the game adds even more tools that push the fight in your favor

• a rank system similar to the badass system on borderlands, that add tiny enhancements here and there
  • gear that do things for you, like heal on getting anima, that is about all the time in the game, or more damage when you kill one mob, so you can chain kills

once you start getting cool set, you can start speccing and abusing the game mechanics

heres a guy with a build the let him oneshot most mobs with his bare hands

Unlike games like Borderlands, theres not level limit, you can continue leveling forever. You can be a level 120 killing mobs level 20, by that point the power level is so ridiculously in your favor, you can streamroll.

is not unheard that some high level players oneshot many boss

Ignore the post above.

I am stuck in a boss (the one that have wells for foot) and is highly annoying. Also nobody join my game and I hate this game and the whole userbase.

I’m not sure which boss that is based off of the description but I’d love to join you and help out if you’re on PC? If so, I can send you my Steam info and we can see if we can meet up.

For real, though, helping randoms out in boss fights is one of my favorite things to do this game. I love when you join their game and they start emoting like crazy. The sense of frustration and relief at seeing you is almost palpable.

Thanks, nah… I am on PS4. I play on irregular schedules, but thanks for the offer!.

digs a bit

is kasha. is not so much the boss itself, but it takes some times to reach his arena and I don’t want to fight it atm, maybe I will do some levelup.

I am testing dual axes, and liking them a lot more than punchs. Punchys are punchy cool, pew pew pew style, but dual axes can do interesting things other weapons can’t.

NG+++ - I just fainted.

I hear you on blocking…I keep trying to dodge and realize I cant at all during those times I’m staggered. Then getting grappled by GOLLUM is frustrating…I mean, I have a long ass staff, I need to keep distance.

My first upgrade I spent on upgrading some stats including Ki…Ki seems like the most important stat to upgrade…at least at the start.

It’s like the ultimate action strategy game.

Ahhh, wheels for feet. Yeah, Kasha can be a jerk. Her soul core is a fantastic ability to add to your arsenal, though. Best of luck!

Are you using the splitstaff then? Yeah, it can be really ki-hungry. It has solid damage scaling with Courage which boosts your ki regen which is nice. During the boss fight when you’re in the dark realm, make sure to drink some Sacred Water to help with the slow ki regen there. You can get access to the Barrier spell fairly early too which also is a nice boost with the staff munching through your ki!

It will be hard but doable. Getting has much immunity to fire is going to be key, I imagine, I may even build a gear set only for that.

And yea, I saw many nioh 2 videos where people favorite this power. I like the monkwheel myself, but this one looks better since is similar but drop and forget. Mastering monkwheel let me sometimes own foes in amazing ways, but also sometimes misfire, is hard to master. Kasha core seems simpler.

My character
https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/1369034540329668610/photo/1

Weird. I beat Kasha yesterday on my first try. It helps that I have high toughness, so I was able to block almost anything she threw at me with enough ki left to counterattack or dodge and reposition.

BTW, that’s a pretty great mission, overall. And for people who like Japanese history like myself, it’s also so bittersweet.

That reminds me, did you try using firestop talismans? They are near the beginning of the tree so you might already have them unlocked. I know those talismans help a lot with a very annoying lightning boss, but I’ve never had enough trouble with other elemental damage bosses to try them.

I only managed to get to get once. I was already out of elixirs and most of my ninja kits. So no.
Not having elixirs, of course, and being the first time I saw this lady, made the fight rater short.

Anyway I don’t trust talismans much (alone) since they can run out when I am distracted, and not noticed I am getting a lot of damage from fire, that can stack with damage from other sources and kill me withouth reacting fast enough.

I will try to find has much sources of protection against fire has possible, then come back. But I will do so when I have time to put to the fight, not now that I only play 2 hours of nioh every night.

The map where she is is rather large and laberyntine. With some areas you have to clear first a yokay before you can open a door. I can skip some enemies but not all.

FEAR NOT!.. this really bad player will crush this boss once can get to it in a serius way.

That’s good but I’m concerned when you say you have to fight through enemies to get to the boss. I can’t think of a single place in the game where it isn’t a trivial 10 second run to the boss at most. At worst you may have to kill a trash enemy so you can buff in peace, heh.

This isn’t Dark Souls. The checkpoints are super convenient. Maybe you missed a shortcut or altar?

Yeah, there is a shrine right before the entrance when fighting Kasha. Assuming we’re talking about “The Frenzied Blaze” where you first encounter her.

If the timestamp doesn’t work, go to 29:20 or so and you can see where the shrine is (not a spoiler or anything, it’s not hidden although I can see how someone might miss it if they don’t look to the right/watch their radar).

This game is amazing. The loot chase is so good (a staple of ARPGs) but it’s combined with just superb combat/gameplay. I’m nearing the end of Dream of the Wise but I just realized I really haven’t been meleeing optimally.

I understood Flux and thought I understood Flux II, but I was wrong. It probably has to do with how I misread it originally, I thought if I switched stances during a ki pulse and saw that buff, I was done. I didn’t realize that Flux II means switching stances again for another chunk of ki. I’ve played 99% of the game with splitstaff, but a lightbulb went off for me there with regards to the Switchglaive (I’ve just played around with it briefly, I think I only have 7 skill points or something in it). Ahhh, now I get how cool the attacks on stance switches are. In the very brief time I played around with them I couldn’t keep my ki up sufficiently to really take advantage of a long combo. I thought it might have to do with my lack of Heart stat, as I’ve focused primary on Magic in this build. That focus on Onmyo is also probably why I hadn’t been forced to figure out Flux II earlier. :) I weave in a lot of spells so long chains of sustained melee hasn’t been critical. And with Barrier constantly running… well, lots of ki from that as well if I just take a tiny breather.

In any case, I think it’s really cool that I can have played this game for this long and still continue to learn things and get better. That speaks to the depth of the game mechanics, IMO. Also might speak unkindly to my intelligence but I’m gonna go with the former. :)

One note on the switchglaive is the one of the mastery skills reduces your subsequent ki consumption on all attacks after a stance switch, and that effect can stack 5 times. So your ki consumption gets smaller and smaller as your combo goes on. That what makes it a fun weapon, at least in my opinion!

I honestly don’t know if you can work Flux II into it. Pretty sure the stance switch and flux timing is different? I haven’t messed with it.

Some builds need a lot of Flux II but the ki regen with A agility, plus throwing out lots of yokai skills (which give you time to regen while still doing useful things) mean I spend much less time managing my ki. But it’s a helpful tool, if a little awkward to do.

I know!.. I even have cat-walking scrolls unlocked so I could try to walk trough everything.

You guys are awesome, thanks for the advices and support … I don’t need just now, but is always good to have a good backup :D

Completely agree. I didn’t even start stance switching or even manually using ki pulse (rather than using dodge for it) until the middle the Dream of the Nioh. Nor, as I mentioned earlier, did I know that blessed weapons allow you to ki pulse after blocks, which adds even more options. Crazy amounts of depth in the game.

Boss killed… I accidentally joined a team doing this map so I was… “why not?”.
Guys had some patience and where not terrible, so we cleaned the map.

What we did failed was to unlock the last themple thing… because …hu… the yokai to kill to unlock this templa was not where to seen.

Nice job! Judging by your co-op meter you were pushed to the brink that expedition. :)

Actually it was easy, somehow.

Is not a boss that do a lot of damage and we piled on her. Poor cute thing :3

Yay… I feel much more powerfull now, somehow.

In my experience, it appears to be different…unfortunately(?). The stance switch attack needs to be done very quickly. You can still switch stances after the edge attack and get the ki pulse, but the timing is too much for me to handle in the heat of combat. At least so far. In other words, I could do
high attack
into low stance edge attack
back to high stance for pulse
high attack
etc…