No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Downloading 1.60 on PC.

Ooh thanks for the heads up. A new NWS version for the weekend sounds like just the ticket :) Err NMS ;)

Ah. This is for No Man’s Sky. I’m not sure about No Woman’s Sky. :)

lol thanks! :) Sorry bout typo!

New No Man’s Sky version, new Helium Rain version, new Monster Hunter World patch, and Crosscode final release version.

Busy day in gamedev world.

Ooh, glad I left the game running at home. This should give me a chance to empty my storage containers before updating. (Unless it’s true that only containers on frigates were affected.)

• Replaced storage containers on freighters with purpose-built storage rooms. Materials have been refunded and new blueprints added automatically. Build the new rooms to access stored items.

Yeah, I tried this last night. Still only finding product recipes. I’m positive this is how it’s supposed to work, and that either secure facilities no longer yield tech blueprints for the multi-tool, starship, etc. or that they’re very rare. I’ve read that the Nada + Polo quests are the way to go, here, so I guess I’ll jump into that soon.

Beware, folks. Creatures are now attacking randomly. Keep your head on a swivel.

When did they add the white supremacy sign to the decals?

Is the latest patch live on Steam?

Yeah.

Right, launched the game to try the latest patch and the game crashes in the very first minute of getting control over my character.

NMS is still a hard game to love in many respects.

Finally! S class fighter ball. Oddball.

Too bad the wings on that don’t fold down on take off. That would be the bees’ knees and the dogs danglies all in one go.

On sale at the Humble Store for $23.99 this weekend. That matches it’s historic low, but if you are a Humble Monthly subscriber, it’s only $21.59, which is a true historic low and a great deal on the game.

I’m 150 hours into playing it, and still enjoy it.

Actually they do. But they keep folding until they form a single wing on the bottom of the ball part. If I remember I’ll get a pic.

Yeah, the wings have a wonderful folding animation when landing and taking off, and the ship makes a super cool sound. It also ejects you rather abruptly and jarringly to the right, when you exit it. Mine is very similar. Downside: Very little ship inventory space. With all the installed hardware, I have literally three open slots for items.

Yeah, I’m not going to be using it for hauling. It’s going to be packed with stuff for killing. :)

Yup, it’s always my go-to when out questing or farting around the galaxy.

Any good articles on trading around the systems? I have an econ scanner but I still don’t think I understand what it’s trying to tell me.

I’ve only played in small bits over the past two weeks because of crazy ass RL stuff but this weekend wife and daughter are away – just me and the dogs hanging out. So I’m hoping to get back and make some real progress.

That said, I’m pretty certain my savegame is bugged, since hyperdrive still does not show up in my ship’s inventory as an item that can be refueled, even though I have it available for refueling with the x command. Unless it is supposed to be that way. Wondering if I should just start over.