No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Yup, huge QoL upgrade for sure. I like how they apparently snuck it in like that. I’ve noticed a pattern where an essential system like that one (integral to basic planetary exploration) looks incomplete for some time, and then at some point between major updates it gets a quiet overhaul that revolutionizes the feature. I think they pick areas that really deserve the attention. I’m currently hoping that they’ll do something similar with freighter stuff, which is also very deserving of love imo.

Yup, all great tips for sure. Really appreciate the thoughtful advice. I remember doing stuff like this in my last couple of play-throughs. And yeah, seems like there’s always going to be some niggling detail or some feature of a planet you pick for your huge base that makes it a less-than-ideal option. Like this paradise planet I found in a blue star, rich economy Gek system is great, but it has frequent storms. So I’m making it my “main” base for now (storage, basic refinery), but it doesn’t deserve a ton of TLC. It’s always something, isn’t it?

And RE trading post bases, I did that once but the traffic noise got to me. Now I drop a base a within sight of it but not right next to it, and maybe put a basic teleporter and refiner on the platform itself.

Oh, speaking of that, I noticed that portable refiners have waypoint icons now. Very cool, as save beacons are limited to something like ten per planet, which really limits poi waypoint capability.