No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

I don’t think so, but the new Xbox version with the update included is scheduled for release late july, so we should get some more info sometime soon.

Welp, I finally got this. Was cheap enough on GMG today.

So what do y’all recommend, gamepad or mouse/keyboard?

Controller Law:

If it’s first person: M&K
If it’s 3rd person: controller

Corollary: if the M&K controls are complete fucking nonsense (see: aircraft in FC5), go controller.

2nd Corollary: If it’s Freelancer or Everspace, go M&K even though it’s 3rd person.

NMS is 1st person, so go with M&K.

Goddamn this got complicated.

Controller Law:

If it’s a spreadsheet: M&K
If it’s a game: controller

:)

I use the controller, but then I like to use that for most games where possible.

But correct.

With NMS I use the controller. The game was originally designed around it, so for me it feels better. Not sure how good M&K support is though - maybe it’s better than it was on launch.

I thought M+KB worked really well for everything in the game; it was quite elegant. I did keep a controller on the desk to use to look around while in the cockpit (but still mostly flew with Keyboard). I think they even patched and improved the flight controls for M+KB though so that isn’t as necessary now.

I think there was some debate over whether or not that patched mouse control method actually improved things. So they at least added the ability to toggle between modes… :)

Yes they support hot switching so you can use both at the same time or interchangeably which is always great.

All right, just confirmed for July 24 Xbone release, with multiplayer.

Was that the Inside Xbox stream?

Yep. Uh, 4, 5.

Video here though they don’t show anything new.

(for some reason the URL-embedded start time doesn’t work here, so you might have to skip to 47m30s manually)

Let us know what you think. I figured I would pick it up when its $10, just to see what is all about, but that has not happened yet.

There’s already multiplayer of a sort right now, so I hope it’s more than that. From the videos they showed, it seems like the same thing where you only see circular blobs.

Did you watch the interview? This was definitely real multiplayer, and even with combat.

Really, when? All I saw were the same blobs at 52:34.

Not too far in right now, but crafting isn’t as annoying as I find it in many games. I hate crafting. But it’s kinda fun. Once I get the spaceship fixed I’ll have a better idea of things, I hope.