No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Best wishes for whoever the patient is.

Hope all is well with your wife, or whomever the patient may be, and that you are both home and happily gaming again ASAP.

Thanks guys. I wasn’t thinking when I posted last message, didn’t mean to derail. I’m heading back down there now. Turns out my wife has double pulmonary embolisms, so she was admitted. We still need to figure out what to do from here. So far things are going about as well for her as can be, given the circumstances. Prognosis is good I believe.

Don’t apologize for a derail, you’re part of this community and we care about what’s going on. I hope all goes well, please keep us posted!

So someone on Reddit posted galactic coordinates for a system where my dream Hauler (S-Class 48/8 fan wing with the cool design) can be found. I’ve now gone down the rabbit hole that is NMS galactic navigation. Yikes. The good news is that the system appears to be fairly close to the black hole ring (a sort of oval within the universe where black holes will randomly deposit you), and I am currently fairly close to a black hole system…so I may end up trying to play black hole roulette until I can pop up in the right place. I really want that Hauler! =)

What are the advantages of a S-Class hauler over the others?

Better stats for shields, hyper-jump distance, etc…

Did a favor for a Vy’keen, he was banged up after a fight so I charged his suit with carbon. He gave me his 23 space multitool! Half of it is damaged but it’s still way better than the one I had.

Heh, last night a Vy’keen offered me a multitool for cheap, and when I declined (it was a piece of crap), he laughed and I earned some reputation.

My experience with them is that they like it when you help them and they like it when you have the balls to go against them. Like Klingons?

So I found a Class A fighter on a planet. I made it mine. :) Repaired the launch thrusters. Then I went my way. Now I have a freighter. I decide to call the fighter to the freighter. You can’t land here. Okay. Down on a planet. Call it. You can’t land here.

At this point I’m resigned to the fact that I have lost the fighter, even though I have the option to call it. I return to the freighter, and there it is! I was wondering how to sell the damn thing. Because it would take way too much work to repair completely.

I get out of it and go to a guy who just landed. Also a class A fighter. Just for the hell of it I check to see what it might cost. I could trade it straight up! My wrecked fighter is worth 5 mil. The new one is worth 2.5 mil. Nope. I’m still looking.

Like @Coldsteel mentions, S-Class ships get a noticeable boost in all the major stat categories. When you combine that with finding one that has the max 48 cargo slots and 8 tech slots…that is a ship to covet.

Sounds like you figured it out. Unless you are lucky enough to stumble upon a wrecked Exotic or max-slot S-Class, the value of any wrecked ship lies in it’s trade-in credit. Since the NEXT update, repairing most wrecked ships is a losing proposition, but if you are on the hunt for a ship upgrade, and don’t want to trade in your current daily driver, a wrecked ship is a quick way to slash the price of a new ship by millions of units.

One thing that bothers me since NEXT is that around 70% of the time now when I discover a signal from a wrecked ship, I arrive on site to find nothing. It’s basically a “new player start site”, only without the newbie ship. It even has the Atlas ball inside the ship’s distress beacon. That never once happened to me pre-NEXT, and now it’s happening all the time. It’s annoying as hell, and I don’t even go looking for wrecks anymore because of it.

Did you repair the shields and the pulse drive? I think you need all three (or maybe two of three) to actually take off.

I didn’t repair the shields. That explains why, when I enter the ship, there is a big red banner saying SHIELDS DOWN. Thanks.

All you need to actually fly a wrecked ship is to repair the launch thrusters. It will then be able to take off and fly around, though it can’t use impulse (pulse drive) to reach another planet or station, and it can’t warp (hyperdrive).

There is a bug with wrecked ships where they often won’t show up in your freighter until after you’ve warped or done something that causes the system where your freighter is located to “reload”. Sounds like that is what happened to you.

The game has never let me take off with only thrusters working.

Weird. I’ve salvaged multiple ships, including a crashed Hauler post-NEXT, and thrusters are the only repair I’ve made to get them mobile. The starting ship is the exception, since it walks you through the repairs.
/shrug

I tested it and with only launch thrusters repaired I was able to take off. Then I re-entered the freighter and found a Vy’keen with a Class A fighter to trade. I took a loss in spaces but not really. Because damaged components.

The fighter Love Gun. Docked on freighter Satellite of Love.

Holy crap, man, that’s almost my exactly like my dream ship! I managed to track it down, I just need to get one that’s A or S rank. I just haven’t been playing for a few weeks.

Ain’t she pretty? I call the design the Asterisk Wing.