No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

And when you find that out you say. OIC TIL. :)

Ah, thanks.

@RichVR In most space stations (except for the one in the system with the community event) there’s a teleporter that takes you to all your previously visited systems, and directly to your bases as well. Your current main ship comes along for the ride too.

Without a receiver on those planets?

Yeah, when visiting one of your bases no receiving teleporter is required. Otherwise you just end up in the space station you chose as your destination.

Cool. Thanks a lot.

Saves a lot on warp fuel. ;-)

Game changer. :)

You could just build another portable refiner. At least I could. The only time I carry the refiner with me is when I need to do some refining on the go.

The space station teleporter says it is offline and “only available to experienced warp travelers.”

So I guess I need to build me a new portable refiner, but it says I need a blueprint for that, which I don’t have. So am I screwed?

That’s odd. I recently did the same thing you did, which was to leave all my stuff on the ground when I took off with my first ship. Then just like you I got stuck without fuel. But I was able to build a second portable refiner. I’m not sure how you could not have the blueprint since you’ve already built a refiner.

I’m probably just misunderstanding what the messag3 said. I’ll check again tomorrow. Thanks.

So when you try to build a portable refinery (up on the d-pad if you’re using a controller, then left or right till you get to what you want to build) it should show the materials you need to build one–you already built the first one after all, as @Zilla_Blitz wrote. Things that you need to “build” are distinct from things that you craft from your inventory slots.

I really doubt that HG didn’t provide for this eventuality.

So, are the red/green/blue systems generally different from the yellow systems? Because I jumped to my first red system today, and there was a bunch of super strange planets. I can provide screenshots of some of them, but I don’t want to spoil the surprise for those who haven’t gotten that far (if indeed they are particular to advanced systems). And no space stations or habitable buildings anywhere. There were a few distress beacons, but no actual crashed ships, just black box data I couldn’t seem to decipher? Is there something I’m doing wrong there?

I finally got through most of the base building missions, to the point with the circuit board blueprint. So I took the advice from upthread and tried to farm some. I ran around a busy trading outpost for a while buying all the necessary mats, finally making five (a stack). I turned one into the overseer, (exocraft BP, yay!), and have been looking to unload the rest, but every galactic terminal is at -9% or so. And all microprocessors are at +81% to buy! What’s up with that? I thing different systems had different prices? Fingering I’m not understanding.

Really, I’ve found my preferred method of making money is scanning. I have a sweet S-class scanner upgrade that gives me +9000% for scanning flora/fauna. Most trees are now 18k. Animals are more (one sasquatch dude was worth 150k!). So I just cruise around and explore and get paid. Way less work than grinding a trade outpost.

Yea, scanning is awesome. Not sure if they changed it but these scan mods stacked. I think most I got was 350k for a rare creature.

Yeah, should be stacking 3x S class scanner mods. A tree should be giving you close to 50k! :)

Phrasing! ;-) (I know, speech to text strikes again.)

Yeah, guys, I just found this out. I actually thought I’d lost that mod- I got a new multitool, (23 slots!) but right after i fixed all the slots on my broke 17-slot one. I did remember to disassemble everything in it, but then the S-scanner and S-mining I had in there disappeared. So I grabbed a new one I found and got back to running guild missions. Moments ago, I happend to scan through my high-capacity slots… and there they were. So I tried installing and viola! Now netting 45k for a tree/bush. Got an animal for 200k.

well there’s this little nub y’see? that’s the rub.

:P

Methinks you misattributed that quote, good sir.

And I’ve also got to get in on that sweet mod-stacking action. Those 49 million unit fighters aren’t gonna buy themselves.

Heh, not sure it’ll get you that far. Right after I posted that I open into a system and defended a Freighter there- a really cool big red Star-Destroyer-looking job. Asking price, 112k million. Thats… a lot of scanning.