No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

So everybody get their missing slots back?

Is there a patch today?

No Mans Sky version 1.59 fixed a number of crashes, including one in the inventory UI.

Fixed an issue that could cause discoveries to stop saving.

Fixed an issue where players with certain numbers of inventory slots would have those slots hidden by other UI elements.

No Man’s Sky update 1.59 addressed a bug that could cause Community Research portals not to return players to the correct galaxy after mission completion. A recovery fix to return people to the correct galaxy is in progress.

Fixed a number of small text issues in the first Community Research mission.

According to the No Mans Sky 1.59 patch notes, the new update has addressed an issue where the starship was unable to land after changing missions while facing a mission marker.

Fixed an issue where players with corrupt saves would be recovered but have no ship (please note – this instance involves instances where the ship was the corrupt data, and so ships have been restored to default).

Ah good. I wonder if it also fixes the fact that Nada stops recognizing milestone achievements.

Among the other things they fancied up the icons for things like cobalt mirrors and such.

Earlier today I mentioned that sometimes frigates report damage but actually have none. I was wrong. It turns out that sometimes the damaged areas simply lack the red “damaged” indicator. Discovered this totally by accident while wandering around a damaged frigate and interacting with the terminals.

Spent an hour or so last night trying to acquire more portal glyphs. Turns out, either I was really really lucky running into so many travelers in black hole space stations over the previous couple of nights, or it was a glitch that got patched out, because last night I did not find a single traveler despite jumping through two black holes and scouring the systems on either end of each. I even dropped down to a couple of trading posts per system as I’ve sometimes found the travelers there instead. Alas, I found nothing. Looks like I should stayed up all night a couple of nights ago and taken advantage, as collecting glyphs looks like it just got a lot more time consuming again.

Yeah. The other day I was going nuts looking. Turns out it was the central console in the engine I think? No marker.

Did you try using the warp out/in trick again to reset the spawn tables?

Last night I finally started finding more blueprints, but mainly from Manufacturing Facilities which only gave me recipes for elements such as Condensed Carbon and Dirty Bronze. Also set up more little outposts near Solanium and Cactus plants.

Acquired my first hauler. Class A. What kinds of items do you guys store in your haulers?

Gold, platinum, uranium, tritium, copper, cobalt, chromatic metal. Stuff that I move from the freighter inventory to the hauler I just use for storage. Keeps the freighter open for transfers. Can’t transfer to whatever starship you’re not using.

I only store 1000 Tritium (for fuel), 500 Sodium Nitrate (shields), 500 Magnetized Ferrite and 500 Condensed Carbon (handy for repairs and to recharge multi-tool) All my other hauler slots (that aren’t tech filled) I leave empty so that I can load my ship with as many expensive trade goods as possible and buy/sell/profit as I move from system to system. An economy scanner is a must have on your hauler for this exact purpose.

Huh. It sounds like it might be worth owning a few haulers, and dedicating one of them to simple storage (e.g. what Rich is doing), and one or more of the others to hauling trade goods.

I don’t have enough trade goods on hand to need a hauler for hauling them around yet, but I am definitely feeling the limits of my base storage. Ten cubes doesn’t feel like it is enough.

The ship teleporter is supposed to increase the range you can transfer stuff from and into your ship, right? Mine doesnt seem to be working because that range still is utterly crappy. Have I done something wrong? Should I have built one on the suit too or something?

Yeah, supposedly the default range is 50u and the upgrade increases that to 150u.

Yeah, it’s kinda BS— it should give you at least a 500 unit radius.

It should be fucking planetwide if you ask me. I can beam shit all across a solar system to my freighter.

I notice absolutely no increase. I thought it was just my game.

“I wish schurem would stop beaming shit to the cargo bay” – freighter crew, probably

They wish i was beaming it to the cargo bay… but that’s full of different shit already }D