No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Looking forward to it! :)

I completed the Beachhead expedition. This is the reward (pretty cool!):

I went and grabbed the doodad as soon as I saw the community progress get to 100. Since I hadn’t downloaded the steam update the quest registered I had the item and removed itself from my log list but DID NOT register as complete.

I restarted and could use the beacon just fine and completed the last two steps. But nothing I tried ever got the “get beacon” step to fully register complete. So I’m stuck as 4/5 on the last phase and no way to get the items to my main save if I can’t get that finished. :/

That’s a pain :(
Did you try buying a new one from the quicksilver merchant?

I have tried everything. There are quite a few reports now of people in exactly my spot.

Haven’t played NMS in awhile, but that is tempting me back. How long would it take to get through the expedition to get that reward?

It took me about 5 hours of gameplay :)
EDIT: To clarify the reward (whilst awesome) is a frigate rather than a ship that you can pilot. It travels with your capital ship and you can send it on missions but you can’t fly or land on it.

Do you have a save in that…save…that was made before buying the Myth Beacon? That’s the only workaround that’s been identified, so far. If that’s not an option, another restart might be required.

Fixed an issue that prevented Expedition rewards from being redeemed by players who had already earned parts of the reward from the Quicksilver shop. (Source)

Already checked, my oldest manual save is right after I got the beacon sadly. I am hoping they patch it since I see many others saying it bugged them as well. There is 10 days left, so I will sit tight at least through next week.

Oooh, I want the Normandy bad, but I haven’t played NMS in a couple of years, other than spending a few minutes checking out the VR mode when it was released.

Less tempting if I can’t fly it, but if it’s gonna fly with me, I still want it…

Yeah, I gotta figure out if I want to carve out time from playing actual Mass Effect to collect a Normandy replica in another game.

Checked Steam Cloud as well? (Long shot, I know.)

https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage

An excellent suggestion, but I have it turned off.

And just like that, it is patched and I have completion! I do like Hello Games.

PSA: It seems if you get the mission from the anomaly to build an underwater base, it gives you temporary knowledge of how to construct the base. I went back to delete the base to retrieve resources. Went into the base and first deleted the door…then went to delete the base structure and it wouldn’t let me saying I was too close. No problem I think, I’ll put the door back and deconstruct outside…yet I no longer had the knowledge to build the door.

So time to exit the game and reload from my last save which is 15 minutes before this mishap.

Yeah, I tend to avoid those missions until later and then only if I am desperate for the quicksilver.

That reward does look cool. Er, is it supposed to resemble the ship from Mass Effect 3? Wasn’t that called Normandy too?

It is the SSV Normandy SR-1, the ship Commander Shepard uses in Mass Effect 1. Bioware let Hello Games add that as a tribute/reference in No Man’s Sky.

Sadly, the ship in Mass Effect 3 isn’t the Normandy SR-1, because that one is destroyed in the opening of Mass Effect 2. It’s a model based on the original Normandy (larger and with more features), and named SSV Normandy SR-2.

Ah cool, good to know. I played only Mass Effect 3, so I don’t know anything about the earlier versions of the Normandy. I like the nod to another series!

Woohoo - fully upgraded my S-class freighter! :)