No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Is hitting manufacturing facilities and praying for good RNG the only way to get the suspension fluid blueprint? I’ve hit 10 or more facilities so far and no luck. Is it specific to a particular race maybe?

As far as I know, that’s it.

Do quests give manufacturing blueprints? Maybe that could help.

A good trick to get lots of money is to find a system that has

1. a space station with lots of ships coming in, and
  2. with a star near a high-value good in the trading list.

Then stay in the docking bay, and trade with ships for that item when they don’t have a star on it, then sell it back to the station for a good profit (sometimes up to 100%). With high valued items, you can make a couple millions in an hour or so.

I think one of my biggest issues with this game, which wears on me after a while, is how terrible the interface is, especially for using a console controller.

Like, as an example, you talk to a guy, and to interact with him you need to put a cursor over the thing you want to say, and then hold down a button for a second.

It’s like… you have a list of options there. Just highlight one and let me select the options via the crosspad or something, other than moving the cursor across the entire screen.

I guess on a PC this is probably better? But on consoles, it’s really terrible.

I got mine from a story quest or a base quest (in 1.3), but now I can’t remember which one. It was fairly early on, though.

Suspension fluid blueprint comes from an early Artemis quest. It’s literally an afterthought.

It was one of those things that in the original game, was easy to miss, or would sometimes bug out… and what sucks, is that you didn’t necessarily know you missed it until way later, and there was no easy way back.

Got plenty of cash but zero luck with Antimatter none for sale at space station the many times I have revisited or from aliens, no luck scouring the planets either. I have 4 planets but 2 are barren as well.

I picked this up during the sale and I got a popup box stating that my 6GB of RAM is below the minimum of 8. The last time I recall getting a warning about below min spec was during the DOS era when I tried to run Eye of the Beholder 3 on a 286. When I built my current rig in '09 there was a spike in RAM prices and I was still running XP so it made sense not to dump a lot of RAM into my system. The game does still run though despite the warning.

Oh my god, this game needs a Tribes skiing mod.

Ah, I guess that explains it. I have the bug where the Artemis quest disappears from your log when you accept the Atlas quest. Hopefully it’s fixed in the new patch.

Patch 1.32 is out. (PC and PS4)

• Fixed an issue that could cause cargo slots not to unlock after purchase
  • Players who had previously learned all alien words are now able to progress through the story
  • Players who’ve unlocked all general exosuit slots can now unlock tech and cargo slots as intended
  • We’ve fixed an issue that caused base NPCs to stop responding after claiming a new base location. This will prevent new occurrences of the issue, a fix for those who have already experienced it is under investigation
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from being able to finish farmer and exocraft missions
  • The base terminus teleporter will now display mission objectives, allowing you to select the correct system. It will also no longer ‘forget’ mission critical systems. This will prevent new occurrences of this issue and a fix for those who’ve already experienced it is under investigation
  • Creative mode players no longer need to complete mercenary missions as part of the story
  • Fixed a rare issue causing multiple ships in a freighter to spawn on top of each other
  • Custom waypoints will no longer override the Atlas Path in the Galactic Map
  • Standing will now be correctly awarded for guild missions
  • Players who recruited base NPCs prior to update 1.3 can now take missions from those NPCs as soon as they are at their terminals
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to miss Atlas Stations, which prevented progress. This will prevent new occurrences of the issue, a fix for those who’ve already experienced it is under investigation
  • Fixed an issue that prevents some players from progressing when sent to an Atlas station as part of the story
  • Fixed an issue causing waypoint lines not to draw in the Galactic Map
  • Fixed some rare crashes
  • The power of Analysis Visor upgrades has been significantly improved, resulting in much higher rewards when scanning with Flora or Fauna upgrades

Doesn’t look like they’ve addressed the ship-exiting issue I’ve been experiencing. Oh and in response to the upthread speculation about the source of this, I can confirm that it’s happened with multiple ships and is not tied to where I’m landing, so far as I can tell. (Happens on platforms and on varying types of terrain.)

It’s the same on PC which I find baffling. Even navigating options menus requires me holding down a mouse click while a little circle fills up to enter a menu or change an option. It’s madness, dogs and cats living together.

Nothing like switching to play skyrim or fallout 4 and trying to hold the “E” to activate something. Old brain can’t handle it. Apparently there is a mod to cure this though. Might just go get it.

Please let us know if you find said mod, because I find that design decision baffling (having to hold down the button for everything).

On a console controller is even worse, because moving the cursor with a gamepad is super slow and clunky.

I was able to get on the Artemis mission line. I noticed a system was marked on my Galaxy map and when I went there I got a communication that put me on the path. I’m going to follow it for a while to see if I get the suspension fluid blueprint.

I also sold a cargo hold full of Emeril there from the last system I was in and it netted me a cool 1.3 million units.

Here is the nexus mod page for the “fast actions” mod. i.e. one click I believe its only for PC though. Not sure how PS4 handles it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/top/?

Also, apparently the latest update really improved credits received by scanning flora and fauna. You need to get the blue prints for the scanner upgrades though (you can get therm from the Korvax space station dealer but you have to have pretty good faction standing which I am still working on.)

I don’t know why people complain so much about the interface. It’s fine and mostly efficent, it’s just a little bit different. Well, it is on PS4, maybe it’s a PC thing. The ability to point at an empty spot and transfer or craft something right there is great.

To give a sense of perspective, I recently played The Flame in the Flood, another survival game with lots of inventory management. Here:

Most of the screen is wasted space, responsiveness is weird with a controller, the icons are no bigger than a parrot’s knee, they’re all colorless (so good luck figuring out your cat-tails from your daffodils), clicking on anything brings up another menu, which means more clicks (don’t remember if you can drag and drop) and crafting is handled in another page with multiple submenus that you have to navigate to find the recipe you’re looking for. Even with icons so small, you can’t see all your inventory without scrolling either.

In all due fairness, a lot of things about the last No Man’s Sky patch and the UI bother me:

• Why did they bother to change the dialogue interface? You could see it all in one screen, partly translated alien dialect and narration (and you could skip it so it showed up all at once). So you had all the necessary hints in one screen to try to make the most sensible decision. Now it’s on multiple dialogue windows. If you don’t remember one part, too bad.

• Space stations now carry a lot more of each item for sale… but they made adding them to the “shopping cart” to buy in bulk even slower. Ew. Why don’t they add a key to add all items of one category to the shopping cart?

• Why do nanites still take inventory space? It’s just a currency, it doesn’t need to add to the clutter.

• They added a dumb UI screen to handle when opening containers, with added crap items like rust to manage, making opening containers slow when it used to be fast. Some items, like hydroponics, now need fuel to work to be handled through that screen.

• Ships, freighters and backpacks now have multiple kinds of slots, which I guess they did because people complained about losing space when putting upgrades, but I find it just makes things even more complicated. This one is more of a tradeoff, I guess.

The thing that makes it clunky is that none of the buttons on the interface can just be triggered with buttons on the controller.

So you end up having to move a cursor around on the screen, slowly, using the joystick…which is clunky and bad.

I can confirm that immediately after the next step in the mission the suspension fluid blueprint appears in your available list. There’s no notice. It just appears there. Now I can stop worrying about knocking over manufacturing facilities for a while.