No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

So that you can be stupid, leave them in a ship slot, and have them stolen when pirates get you.

What’s the stack on nanites? 250 in the suit and 500 in the ship like other stuff?

It does encourage you to spend them earlier rather than later, else they take up multiple suit slots or you risk putting them in the ship.

Yep. I’m assuming you could store up to 1000 in a base storage container.

Yeah it’s a bit of a pain; my guess is they did it this way so they wouldn’t have to make two control schemes for the UI!

On another topic, I don’t know if you guys saw it, but Polo has a great quote. He says:

“A tourist wants to be understood, a traveler strives to understand”

Good one. Does it come from somewhere else? InspiroBot couldn’t do better.

How do I find Thamium9 to keep my life support powered? I can’t find any around me and my walking range from the starting base is very limited. Frustration level rising.

I usually just stock up on power canisters. They’re super cheap, like 500-600 credits each. I make sure I always leave a space station with at least ten.

Alternately, you can start shooting up asteroids as mentioned above. Thamium9 is as common as iron from those, I believe.

I started on the survival difficulty but being I’ll go back to normal until I get my bearings.

It sounds like you may be playing on Survival mode and are just starting out with a crashed ship you need to repair. Is that right? If it is, then be aware that Thamium9 is not as easy to find in Survival mode and your life support runs out faster. Resources in general are much scarcer in that mode.

Really all you can do is pick a direction and walk. Keep hitting scan to see if any pop up. Take shelter in caves if you spot any to extend your range and hope you get lucky. It’s about all you can do on Survival. You can die a lot just starting in that mode.

Normal is a lot more forgiving and there’s a lot more resources so give that a try if you start getting frustrated.

There isn’t enough Thamium9 to survive at the start. You have to craft power gels from Plutonium and Carbon.

Gotcha. The crafting interface wasnt exactly obvious to me at the start but I have a handle on it now I think.

The landscapes I’ve seen so far are interesting but I’m still waiting for that holy shit that is incredible scenery moment. Caves are pretty cool and I like how you can take refuge in them.

The sentinels are annoying and that appears to be their only purpose in the game.

Why was I suddenly piloting my ship from the back seat? (This fixed itself when I exited & reentered the ship.)

Thamium9 is in plants if I recall. Or at least I recall being confused where they came from, mistakenly assuminging was a rock.

Red plants I think, on planets at least.

I found a crashed ship that was FAR better than mine. I switched to it and started repairing it. To finish the repair, I need heridium. I’ve spent hours walking, built multiple scanners, done everything I can think of, but there’s no heridium. So, I’m stuck. My old ship disappeared with the 1.32 update and I had a hard crash (PS4) so I think I’m going to have to start a new game. I can’t think of another way to get the ship to fly. Tons of metal on the icy planet, but no heridium nearby. The cold-exposure issue makes it impractical to explore in a much wider area.

Hmm. I think every planet has Heridium deposits, but it might be pretty far away on foot. Can you salvage some of your upgrades for it? With luck, you could also stumble upon a store and buy the stuff.

I’ve spent 3-4 hours scouting near the new ship and haven’t found anything. This is in the first system, so at this point, I’ll probably just restart. It was partially my own fault, but I did really expect my starter ship to be where I landed it. That would have allowed me to switch back and search, but it’s gone. Oh, well.

Yeah, I keep a stack of 500 heridium in my ship just in case I find a better ship and need to get it repaired. I think salvaging your original ship parts would give you some heridium back but it sounds like you lost your ship to a glitch. How about restores? The game keeps 4 saves. None of them are far enough back to help?

Also, that planet has no caves? You can use those to greatly extend your range. Even if it looks like just a nook it still works as shelter most times. Also, if you have the terrain manipulation tool, you can dig a cave shelter anywhere you want. If you can get to the top of a hill, look around for any of those tall blue heridium towers in the distance.

Edit: You said you spent hours walking so sounds like maybe you did all of that. What does your planet scan info say about the resources on the planet? Is heridium included in the assay?

Nope, it shows aluminum and nickel. The planet has flora that look almost exactly like the heridium towers and the nickel and aluminum towers look similar. Not to mention the base color is a blue/black, so everything is a similar shade. PLUS, it has floating islands everywhere and they make it near impossible to get a good sight line. I’ve walked in a 30 minute radius circle around the plane and sensors only point to stuff that doesn’t help.

It’s not that big of a deal because it’s the first system. That said, it crossed my mind earlier to keep a heridium stash and I decided against it. D’oh! I’ll just start a fresh game.

Yeah. Combat is so annoying it’s not even much fun to kill them.