No thread about the Oregon Wildlife Refuge standoff?

Barry Manilow

Ah, fuck, I’d surrender in seconds.

The FBI should just say they’re going to Golden Corral and ask the militia guys if they want to come along. That will get them to come out.

Wouldn’t that fall under the “cruel and unusual punishment” statute?

If it did there’d be an awful lot of radio execs out there in jail now.

My fallback would be Starland Vocal Band’s (had to look that up) Afternoon Delight on repeat, taking a page from the movie PCU.

My guess is Barry White would have relieved tensions weeks ago.

I would suggest Radiohead Creep, but that chorus might be a little on the nose.

No surprise here. The family of the dead militia man is now claiming a cover-up.

Link

The FBI is already out ahead of this though, since the video is already out there.

They’re claiming it’s been edited in other articles. In some they say he’s reaching down to cover his wound not grab a gun… aka he was already shot.

Yeah, I read the article. I just think they are kind of grasping at straws.

Well then you already know the video is not working for the FBI with this particular group which, admittedly, was anti-government anything to begin with.

We have footage of 9/11 and people claim it’s proof it was an inside job. You can’t rationalize with willful ignorance.

A little follow-up on this that was buried deep in the Washington Post:

A federal grand jury has indicted 16 people in connection with their roles in the Oregon wildlife refuge standoff, charging them all with a count of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States.

The group’s leader, Ammon Bundy, and 15 other people “prevented federal officials from performing their official duties by force, threats and intimidation,” according to a sealed indictment filed Wednesday in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon and unsealed Thursday. Each person could face up to six years in prison.

In addition to Bundy, his brother, Ryan, and others taken into custody last week in Oregon and Arizona, the indictment also charges the four people still at the refuge.

I hope at least the Bundys are convicted, and in future have to play cowboy using Airsoft guns.

And there are still 4 occupiers left at the refuge. All were part of the indictment and things look to be getting worse for them.

Why? Are they running out of rubber dongs?

They basically aren’t negotiating anymore (well, not realistically anymore). The Pacific Patriot Network (another militant group that was a self-appointed buffer between occupiers and FBI) have left, citing that the remaining occupiers are expecting/planning to die at the refuge and they (PPN) doesn’t think they can help bring about a peaceful solution. Supposedly power, water and communication has been finally cut at the refuge too.

What a senseless thing to die over, honestly.