No Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

“id Software and Activision announced today they are canceling the retail release of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Despite a strong effort from talented developers, the single player portion of the game did not progress as anticipated. Canceling the release was a difficult decision made in the best interest of the Wolfenstein franchise and fans. However, we remain excited about the progress and direction of Enemy Territory multiplayer. Over the next several months the focus of our development will be to complete the multiplayer portion of Enemy Territory and provide it as a free downloadable expansion to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.”

This sounded like a neat idea, but like all games that tout a SP game were you play with supposedly “intelligent” bots I am cautious. This looks like another game were it couldn’t get pulled off. Will have to wait and see if Condition Zero can pull it off.

Well, shit. I was looking forward to this one, since I’m not into multiplayer games.

Damn.

Will there be multiplayer bots? This sounds like they are back where they started, as a download for RTCW.