Nook HD $199 - Nook HD+ $269

I have had something similar happen to my nook HD+. It seems these nook HD+ units have battery calibration issues, or the batteries aren’t very good. I would leave mine charging all day, then when I went to turn it on it was like it was frozen and wouldn’t do anything even though it should have had a full charge. Searching around the net I found that others have had this issue too.

To recalibrate the battery some said you can disconnect and reconnect the battery. I bought a tiny screwdriver to take off the back panel after prying off the plastic cover and bezel. Disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery did work but a few weeks later the problem returned. I don’t know; perhaps a new battery would help.

Strangely enough, I liked the HD+'s resolution but felt its performance still lagged at times. After two Nooks and a first gen Samsung tablet, I’ve decided, “no more tablets” for me. I get that they’re light and now have decent displays, but I need a real computer. Of course, even saying that I still use my original Nook Color on occasion. It’s portable and has proven more reliable than the HD+.

But now I use a 15 inch 2-in-1 laptop that converts to a tablet mode. Yes, it’s a bit unwieldy in tablet mode, but I mainly like using it for magazines and comics, which look great on that big screen.

Anyway, good luck with your Nook. Let us know if the B&N guys help you out or if they see it’s an older model and just laugh.

Get a small coffee at the in-house Starbucks and read 20 magazines while you’re there for old times’ sake.

Ahh, the 90s.

Nook HD throw Cyanogen mod on there and you’re set… My wife still uses hers.