Norabunga Returns To The US - And He's Bringing His Ambition With Him

[I]

Hertfordshire, 18th May 2015- KOEI TECMO Europe is proud to announce inaugural release of famed strategy/ historical simulation IP Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence. The game will be available on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system across Europe on 4th September 2015. It will also be simultaneously available digitally on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and on PC via Steam®. [/I]

If this turns out right you may see me doing a happy dance.

Oops. I wish you could edit thread titles.

Read the title, thought, “Huh, I’ve been mentally pronouncing that wrong for years!” Read the PR and thought "Phew! That was almost egg on my face there. . . " :P

Old people should not try to multi-task. But under any other name it’s still good news (potentially).

I never thought I’d see KOEI games in English on Steam, hopefully this sells well.

I’m excited about this!!! (even though for a moment I thought it was a TMNT spinoff)…

Zombo, are you are aware ROTTK XI is available in English in GamersGate?

From this day on I’m calling “tgb123” “wtf456”.

Cowabunga!

Norabuga Dudes!

Don’t feel bad, I just texted a friend to ask him if Fogo de Chao would be a good place to take my woman for her birthday it got corrected to “Would faggot chow be a good place for her birthday?”

I loved Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Djengis Khan and one more Koei game from that era so I’ll be watching this closely!

Hopefully the game is really good and the thread stays for ages :p

I mean, with like a dozen odd releases over the last 30 years, about half of which are in the US in some form, presumably we can continue necroing this thread for the next 10 years or so with each new release until the Barton Treaty of 2024 outlaws thread necros on all pre-Apocalypse internet forums and holo-queues.

I love the title of this thread almost as much as I love the autocorrect to Angrycoder’s text about Fogo de Chao.

-Tom

That is hilarious. It reminds me of a drunken “I want to kick your puppy” text a female friend of mine received from a guy she was dating back in the day. Stupid autocorrect. She did have a 10-week old puppy at the time as well.

In 30 years, Apple will go bankrupt because of all the relationships destroyed by Apple products’ auto-correct, while Android users with their unabashed disrespect for “proper spelling” and ability to slang-sext each other with perfect accuracy will multiply until they conquer the world.

They also announced RTK 13 which I’m far more interested in, but no mention of western localization.

On the bright side, the description makes it sound like it’s going to be the RPG style RTK (ala 8 and 10) unlike the past two installments, so if it does find it’s way over here I’ll be a super happy camper.

I pine for a Bandit Kings of Ancient China sequel! I’d happily take a localized RTK13, though. Make it happen, KOEI!

I was telling a friend about playing the original Nobunaga’s Ambition on NES and he mentioned playing a console strategy game based in the Revolutionary War called Liberty or Death. Turned out (as I bet some of you know, but I didn’t) that Liberty or Death was a Koei game based (it seems from the screenshots) on the Romance/Nobunaga engine. Neat!

Oh yeah, I remember both Nobunaga and Liberty or Death on NES. Good (clunky) old days.

I’m like you soondifferent, I’m also more interested in the next Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Zhuge Liang for the win!