The North Korea Thread

So if I recall correctly, the smiley face indicates sarcasm.

Doesn’t help, though, I still have no idea what you are talking about.

Russians says it measured 5-15kt, NK says it was 4kt, the US says they measured 0.5kt.

Do the russians have any motivation for claiming the test was bigger than it actually was? If not, then are they so inept as to get it wildly wrong? The tinfoil hatter in me thinks the US’s announcement is far too convenient.

I don’t know what I’m talking about either…no offense meant, really! :)

I can’t believe North Korea is thinking about nuclear weapons. I mean, we did give their leader a basketball signed by Michael Jordan.

Why can’t we just be friends?

I think that Iris Chang’s suicide probably had more to do with her own personal problems than a book she completed years before, fuckshit. Or maybe the rape of Nanking was, in fact, so horrible that to even commit those events to paper forged some kind of historical nonfiction Necronomicon with the power to devour a human soul.

I would take you at your word, but there is that smiley again. Life is so complex.

Well, considering that they don’t really know the location of some of their weapons, I suspect that aptitude if not high on the list of Russian military attributes.

There is a small island a few miles off the coast of South Korea. The Japanese claim it is theirs, even though it is closer to Korea. An agreement is highly unlikely at any point as to who owns the island and both have the island on their official charts as belonging to them.
They really hate each other, and the threat from the North Koreans is unlikely to change that in any way.

The U.S. isn’t doing very well in the non-proliferation game.

It ain’t easy leading the world. No sir.

My brother’s comment yesterday was simply, “I’m glad the North Koreans didn’t hurt anybody [when they tried the test].” He’s stated in the past that if PRNK ever did test a nuke, given their lack of technological sophistication, that we’d be fortunate if they didn’t end up taking out a third of their own country and have a radioactive cloud floating over Japan in the aftermath.

A truly successful nuke test would be a surprise.

PRNK doesn’t give a damn what anyone in Washington says or does. The North Korean sun rises and sets in Beijing; the bulk of everything they have comes from there, and the only reason Great Leader does anything is because he thinks PRC has his back. When they yank on the leash, and Great Leader can no longer watch his favorite soccer matches on TV, Great Leader suddenly becomes a very obedient child.

Worth reading.

Leading the world in the proliferation of nuclear arms! woo

Wow…taking it so personally. WTF; were you related? You act like someone took away your toys and kicked you in the teeth! Sorry for you!

Well, hell…in that case, I hope you were offended.

I’m an extremely religious person and retarded logic makes baby Jesus cry.

Try this one…

But, but, but… Clinton tried to play nice and give money and basketballs.

WHY DIDN’T THAT WORK?

My world is shattered.

Grin’s article is misleading (of course). You don’t build half kiloton test nukes. Making a subkiloton nuke is actually harder than making a Hiroshima or Nagasaki sized weapon.

I think cussing people out (say, by calling someone “fuckshit”) would make baby Jesus have a damn hissy fit, too…so, there’s that to consider in your theological framework.

Or, hypocrisy is always an option…that works for a lot of people.