The North Korea Thread

The best way to smuggle weapons into a country is to cover them in illegal drugs. They never expect a SECOND even more dangerous item hidden inside the first!

Have you ever seen a nuclear explosion… ON WEED?!

Just a follow up note to this.

Antonopoulos was outed as a Stormfronter and Nazi.

Interesting seeing that he is a key member of the pro-Assadist group centred around Max Blumenthal, Rania Khalek, Tulsi Gabbard, Stop The War etc

I recommend following Oz BTW, he is an aid worker/white helmet in Syria and has great insight on shenanigans in Syria, especially from the Western pro-Assadist/Putin camp.

I’ve heard of Wake and Bake, but Nuke and Bake is a new one for me.
Poor NYC, devastated by a North Korea weed nuke, but hey, New England is getting one hell of a contact buzz!

Heh. How do they spin this? Nobody really wants war with N. Korea other than Trump.

Seoul on Friday brushed aside US President Donald Trump’s suggestion it should pay for a $1 billion missile defense system the two allies are installing in South Korea to guard against threats from the North.

The first parts of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system have already been delivered to a former golf course in the South – infuriating China – at a time of heightened tensions over Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile programmes.

Top US officials have said THAAD will be operational “within days”.

“I informed South Korea it would be appropriate if they paid. It’s a billion-dollar system,” Trump was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency. “It’s phenomenal, shoots missiles right out of the sky.”

Reports indicating that Trump’s demand set off a firestorm of anti-American sentiment in South Korea social media.

So social media suddenly has a lot of “The Americans can fuck right off. We are a capable society and we can build our own nuclear deterrence so we don’t need those American jerks.”

Naver is kind of like reddit I guess.

For pity’s sake.

This guy pretends to be a moderate? What a monster.

Trump was a scammer when he was a businessman and he’s a scammer now. “We’ll do this and make them pay for it. I get a free wall. I get a free missile system. Make them pay for it.” Maybe it worked when you just didn’t pay people for goods and services, or borrowed money and didn’t pay it back. But as the fucking President? Jesus wept.

I haven’t had a chance to read through the article yet, but if it’s just about the quoted part I’m not sure I follow. Was Obama a monster for going after ISIS leadership? I mean, we’re talking about a regime starving its own people and threatening to lob missiles and nukes at people. Is a conventional war where thousands of North and South Koreans less monstrous?

There is a rational view that we need to go after Kim. The problem is Trump is the one in charge so he’ll fuck it up.
It isn’t an easy solution, which is why we’ve been dealing with it forever.

Any attempt to assassinate heads of state is monstrous, triply so during peacetime. It’s not only a major war crime as well as an obvious act of war, but it invites retaliation of a similar sort. Does Kasich think there are no North Koreans in the US? No UN embassy, no controllers, no local agents?

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-28/tillerson-calls-for-isolated-north-korea-in-renewed-u-s-push

North Korea test-fired a ballistic missile just hours after U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson mounted an effort at the United Nations to rally pressure against Kim Jong Un’s regime.

The missile was fired at 5:30 a.m. Saturday local time from northeast of Pyongyang and appears to have failed, according to a text message from South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff. The U.S. Pacific Command said the missile didn’t leave North Korean territory and posed no threat to North America.

President Donald Trump was briefed on the test, the White House said in a statement. It was likely a medium-range KN-17 ballistic missile and broke up minutes after launch, the Associated Press reported, citing an unidentified U.S. official.

Wow. Does Trump imagine that Xi reads his crazy twitter posts? Can’t imagine who else that would be directed at.

It occurred to me that this thread and for that matter the media is full of people debating about how a conflict would play out - about casualties, civilian and military, and technology; what they’ve got and how it is countered… and little to nothing about what comes after the conflict. Which was exactly the same type of discussion before the Iraq invasion.

Just thought I’d point it out.

There isn’t anything monstrous about that position at all.

Killing North North Korea’s leadership would easily be the best possible option if it could be done.

Why exactly?

Are you serious? You think it’s okay to just start an undeclared war randomly and whimsically that will result in a minimum of tens of thousands of deaths, that’s against international law, and which if done by any little country not in the security council would result in UN sanctions and quite possibly a peacekeeping force being applied against the offender? You think it’s a good idea to piss off practically every other country in the world including China and our ally South Korea, who would be suffering the chaotic consequences of the action? No one cares about Kim and his people, but everyone cares about being assassinated arbitrarily by a great power that finds it convenient to do so.

Putting aside the morality of killing people on a whim, it’s just crazy talk. After declaring war, it’s at least legally okay to attack Kim because he’s commander in chief of their armed forces, but before it’s just totally insane.

You forgot the power vacuum that’s either filled by a copycat dictator thus us accomplishing nothing, or a civil war with thousands of civilians starving and dead, or intervention resulting in thousands of Americans soldiers dead trying to maintain peace before bowing out disgracefully and still letting the civilians die en masse.

We get the cold calculation Timex. We’d win, big time. It doesn’t matter, because it’s not worth it.

Yeah dude, I think it’s absolutely ok to assassinate Kim Jong Un.

The is no question in my mind at all about it.

If you can assassinate a horrific regime and spare the lives of an oppressed people, this is unquestionably the correct action, from any moral, ethical, or tactical perspective.

North Korea isn’t Iraq.

But near in mind here, I’m not taking about assassinating some random guy.

North Korea is gonna end in violence eventually, I’m pretty damn sure.

Cutting off the head of the leadership and sparing the lives of North Koreans, as well as South Koreans? Yeah man, I will absolutely take that option if it could be done.

The only place where killing one person solves all problems and makes a pumping 80s rock anthem play while the grateful locals cheer you on is in the movies.

Usually it just makes other people’s problems your problems - problems you don’t know how to solve.

(… If only we had done something like this recently that could serve as an object lesson about all the risks and complications… But that’s crazy talk. Everything we Americans do abroad works out great, and everyone loves us for it.)