Northgard - Age of Empires, Vikings only

I’m starting to dislike this game now, for the simple reason that the peon management sucks.

I have a burning building, and a peasant next to it, but he can’t fix it without being told?

Everyone else can do their jobs but not the peasants.

one thing I like is I can convert a forester into a healer just by moving him to the right building, but if that forester is right next to a burning building, or a construction site, he has to first become a peasant…which inevitably means traipsing oh so slowly half way across the map to find a hut to then come back and do the job…

Plus if I’ve allocated a peasant to do something, and then I find another peasant nearer the objective, that 2nd peasant can’t help or take over from the first peasant.

And why can I only build one tower per sector?

Needless micromanagement that inflates the difficulty of the game and increases the frustration.

Conquering is also pretty slow. I occupy an enemy site, control shifts to me…or rather away from the owner, so it becomes neutral, and then I have to colonise it…

I’m past the refund point simply on account of everything taking so long here. 4 hrs in an I have done 3 campaign missions.

Which brings me to my last point, there needs to be a restart mission option, instead of exiting the mission and clicking to start it again, and sitting through the unskippable cutscenes. Unskippable cut scenes…seriously, f*ck off.

There is a good game somewhere here, and I started having fun, but then I found myself babysitting peasants like this was Warcraft 3 or something. When things start coming together the time just sinks away…