Northgard - Age of Empires, Vikings only

Nope. Only way to pause is to bring up the menu. I haven’t played it, but read the Steam discussions today on it.

Thanks for all the feedback. Glad to hear that each game is longer than was earlier stated.

Arghh. Triggercut nearly had me swayed to give it a go!

No Pause! Crap.

Ill monitor the forums and see if it gets added in and grab it then.

Well maybe they will have a change of heart, but the dev said in February that there is no plans to add it.

We have been testing this idea during the development but decided to discard it because it will not be compatible with multiplayer mode.

If the focus is multiplayer and they can’t add it to single player, it’s not the game for me.

Me, either. Is un-wishlised a word?

Perhaps that explains the shorter length for each game as well. This game is clearly being developed around multiplayer so ill pass as well.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Sp helpful when scoping out if a game is for you.

I honestly don’t get the impression that this game is being developed as a multiplayer game first. For one thing, if it was…it’d be awfully dumb of them to spend so much time putting in a challenging, difficult AI first, before implementing multiplayer later.

That they make certain game design decisions so they can run multiplayer alongside the game is a fair criticism. But in playing the game I’ve never thought that any features were gimped or yanked to hinder a single player experience.

Fair enough then, I’ll sit tight and keep an eye out and see what the final product ends up like. Hope you’re right, I like the looks of it.

The campaign hasn’t been released yet.

Yeah, having played some more this seems like a better estimate, especially…

…since it doesn’t feel like it takes a long time to play. There’s always something to do and new stuff is revealed all the time (through exploration, research, etc.). You won’t get bored.

Somebody gifted this to me and in spite of my reluctance I felt I should really give it a fair chance. So far I’m digging it. Normally the inability to issue orders while paused would be a deal breaker, but I find the pace to be leisurely enough that it hasn’t been a problem.

Of course that’s playing on Easy and still being early in, so that may change.

Not bad. Started an mp match which crashed when loading. All told played for ~2 hours, and will probably never play again. I’m fine with that I guess.

New content was just added!

• Vedrfolnir, the mystical hawk
  • New neutral faction: The Kobolds
  • New tiles:
    Thor’s Wrath
    Lake
    the Geyser

Very nice!

Anyone able to report in on the status of this game? :)

I am also interested in hearing more about this.

All I know is they are planning an early 2018 release of version 1.0.

This is one of the better strategy games I’ve played recently. Mechanics are deceptively simple, much more depth than is initially apparent.

But hey, this thread annoyed the living shit out of me last year, so that’s all I’ve got. Buy it or don’t.

I bought it a few months back and like what I saw of it. I decided to set it aside until 1.0 made it out rather than get burnt out on it early.

What a rousing endorsement.

Maybe find a smart person to show you how to use your mouse to scroll up?

You have already said the thread above is shit so why would I bother? Not to mention that this game is in EA and a lot can change in 5 months. So a more informed and current opinion would have been appreciated. As usual, it is such a joy interacting with such a precious snowflake as yourself.

Achievement unlocked! Got called a “snowflake” in a gaming thread!