Nostalgia, Gaming, and You!

I’ve been busy collecting over the last couple months. Time for an update…

I forgot I had Granada and Contra earlier in the year so they ended up in the pic with the Wii U Pro Controller. I had never bought one of those and didn’t want to be looking all over for them down the road. When I found one in great condition for a nice price recently I dove in. There is a Dot Matrix Game Boy in that pristine box in the original styrofoam. It also came with Tetris. It’s very nice. I will get some pix of the unit soon.

World of Illusion is in excellent condition with the hang tab and the manual. It’s an easy game, but it’s beautiful to look at. Elemental Master cost me about as much as it would have when it was released in 1993. That’s a bit rare. The cart is in excellent condition though except for a bit of a label tear there on the right. Shadowrun is my favorite game in that setting. The one I bought has no manual so I need to track that down to make it complete, but I was very happy to be able to play that again. I had only ever rented it many years ago (1994-95) but played the hell out of it. It was about 60% of the original $49.99 price sans manual. One of those games I doubt you’ll ever see ported anywhere ever.

I bought these in April and they’re unique because they came from GAMESTOP of all places! I decided to take a flier on their used SNES stock to see what I’d get. They were running a sale that weekend and I think I got at least 20% off which meant both carts were less than their ebay values by a little bit. I can confirm they are original and in excellent condition. If you don’t mind cart only, Gamestop online is an option.

@Left_Empty I bought the Virtua Racing Sega Ages release and it’s superb. I adore it. Did you see they even added a three screen stacked mode that works vertical? Insane! I love M2 and what they do for Retro. I have my Sega Genesis Mini pre-ordered and it’s mainly because M2 and Yuzo Koshiro are going to make that device a labor of love like these Sega Ages releases have been.

Also, for those interested, I’ll probably pre-order one of these, too…

It’s a Turbografx 16 Mini and it will have both US and Japanese releases that equate to 50 games. Coming out in 2020 but with a pre-order date of July 15 apparently and only through Amazon. Early pre-orders are Prime only which is weird, but I have it so whatever.

While I still enjoy many modern games, we live in heady times for retro gaming. It’s great.