November Hardware Sales (Nintendo 0wnz j00!)

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=75145

Game Boy Advance 892,438
GameCube 278,284
Nintendo DS 381,619
PlayStation 2 546,096
PlayStation Portable 359,772
Xbox 191,320
Xbox 360 332,121

Gamecube outsells Xbox. GBA smokes everyone. NDS and PSP close but DS ahead. 360 loses to portables thanks to low shipments.

And for the record, I called it.

Shoulda added this…

November 2004

GBA - 1,117,175
Xbox - 708,097
PS2 - 695,876
DS - 479,695
GCN - 350,155

Sure puts that cannibalization of the sales of current gen machines (especially Xbox 1) into perspective when you see that. Thanks for ending the gen early 360!

–Dave

K, well, considering it was only available for a week in November, I don’t think that’s a valid statement.

Dude, did you see another 360 after launch? I sure haven’t.

–Dave

Oh no, not disputing the fact that there aren’t many 360s around… but to say it lost out to portables because of a lack of shipments isn’t quite right. May be one of the contributing factors, but only being available for a week doesn’t help either.

What the hell are you saying? How is that not right? There were no consoles on the shelves to sell!!!11!!one!!1! They obviously could have sold more. They didn’t ship enough!

shakes head

–Dave

Oh no, not disputing the fact that there aren’t many 360s around… but to say it lost out to portables because of a lack of shipments isn’t quite right. May be one of the contributing factors, but only being available for a week doesn’t help either.[/quote]

Dude! It was only available for a day! If it only sold 330k in Nov it’s not because it was released in the last week, it’s because that’s pretty much all of them that there were to buy in the month of Nov.

And damn, PS2 is still selling like that? Looks like the only console getting eaten into by 360 release is the Xbox.

Well, let’s see… I contributed 1 Nintendo DS, 1 Gamecube to the above numbers. I guess Nintendo wins this year.

With all due respect, can we keep the fanboy-enraging sales threads to the GAF? I enjoy the discussions on qt3, rather than DS+XBOX360 BUNDLE FTW rhetoric.

-Scott-

I’m most surprised by the GBA numbers. I guess more people wanted the Micro than I would’ve guessed. Since the release of the DS, it seems like the GBA has been getting fewer and fewer good games. The only new GBA game I’ve played in the last 6 months was RebelStar. I would’ve thought the DS had punk’d the GBA the same way the 360 has for the XBox 1.

Third pillar!

it seems like the GBA has been getting fewer and fewer good games.

Take a look at the upcoming releases for the GBA and its pretty barrent. The only good one coming up like this coming week is FF4 and then thats pretty much it for the GBA.

The Mega Man collection is out there in Feb but thats been pushed back so many times who knows if it will ever come out.

I dunno, I have a DS and I’ve been eyeing the micros. ff4 is coming, and the DS… well it’s getting annoying carrying that and the psp, makes the breifcase heavy.

Actually, it’s interesting if only for firm numbers on the 360. I’m also flabbergasted by the concept that the 360 lost in sales for some reason other than inability to deliver more consoles. It’s not like they wouldn’t have sold had they been out there for sale. So I’m not sure where Tom’s coming from there.

The numbers are pretty interesting when you compare the PS2/Cube drop off in sales to the Xbox drop off in sales. Combine with the low shipments of 360 MS seems to have hurt themselves this holiday season, and goes back to the argument of is MS rushing into the next generation too soon? PS2 outsold 360 and Xbox combined, now I know that would be different if more 360s shipped, but still. If MS didn’t launch the 360 I wonder what the Xbox numbers would look like for November. Really seems like MS killed off the Xbox too soon.

Hmm, just saw that NPD just issued the following, from the same guy who first posted the numbers

It has come to our attention that the November 2005 Video Games data released today contained overstated information.

If anything that makes it sound like some numbers are going to go down, not up.

Dave Long actually predicted the shortage of XBox 360’s? Amazing! How did you get that scoop Dave?

Chet

That was probably the first funny post chet ever made.

It seems like only yesterday when you guys were all like “No way people will buy the Micro!”

Wow, Jose! You have the ability to see the GBA-SP v. Micro breakdown when nobody else can!

What you should be talking about is how all the numbers are down from last year (with the exception of PSP, which wasn’t out last year.) You can blame MS all you want but that has nothing to do with the handhelds. Nintendo went from 1.596,870 combined GBA/DS sales to 1,274,057 for this year.

In general I think Nintendo looks pretty weak. After all, they have the lowest prices and they are bundling like there’s no tomorrow. They may have higher sales, but not by the kind of margin I would expect given those factors.

I’m making a reasonable assumption. But thanks dannimal for providing an useless post!

Dave- Can you think of any non-360 related reasons that Xbox/Ps2/GC sales might have gone down? Any at all?

Masturbatory sales figures posts belong at GAF where you can all wait for the day when all those sports and FPS gamers leave your hobby and everyone can live in a rhythym game utopia.