November NPDs

Man what? Thats not even the same thing.

To Dave.

The 360’s software sales in that list are nearly double what the Wii’s are, though, despite the fact that the Wii now has a larger install base. But Nintendo has said all along that they are selling to a more casual audience, and so I don’t think it’s all that surprising. The lack of DS games in the top 10 surprises me, though.

Uncharted = uncharted

Crysis = 86K

PC GAMING D0MED!!!

There’s a lot of pathetic manchildren out there, Jason!

I get so much enjoyment out of how much the Wii pisses people off on this board.

The Wii doesn’t piss me off, but it does still feel like a bit of a special case to me. Producers aren’t looking at that list and thinking “Oh boy, those minigames-and-a-standard-controller are the way of the future! Let’s get right on that!”

Who’s pissed off about the Wii in this thread?

Speaking merely as a disinterested observer and Wii owner, I think it’s you that pisses people off on this board, not the Wii.

Not saying that’s a good or bad thing, being an agent provocateur. But that’s clearly your impact here.

As someone who owns a Wii. It does not piss me off either.

The Wii doesn’t piss me off. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I think you might be reading a bit much into other people’s posts.

I was merely pointing out that while it’s doing gangbuster hardware sales, it’s still a long way from matching the 360 in software sales. Of course, if it keeps increasing its install base at the current rate, eventually that won’t matter. At some point it will sell more software simply by virtue of having a much larger install base, even if the average Wii owner buys fewer games on a regular basis.

No one else seems pissed, Dave.

Dave is, because someone didn’t approve of controller+mini game bundle as a valid title in the top 10. C’mon, don’t deny him of his manchild entertainment.

What does upset me are the reported Zack and Wiki sales :(
Supposedly it’s something like 35k. It’s a good game people!

Sony comments on the its sales:

Hardware Momentum (PS3, PS2 and PSP)

**For the month of November, PlayStation hardware unit sales reached more than 1.5 million units, an increase of 160% when compared to last month’s unit sales (October 2007).

**PlayStation total hardware revenue was $373 million in November, sales dollars increased by 170% compared to last month’s sales.

**For the month of November, PlayStation console sales reached 962K units.

**466K PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) hardware units were sold in November, a 285% increase over the previous month’s sales. PS3 had the biggest October to November sales increase of any hardware platform.

**PlayStation®2 (PS2) also experienced great momentum in November, hardware unit sales reached 496K, a 170% increase over last month’s sales. Since its release in North America on Oct. 26, 2000, more than 120 million hardware units and more than a billion units of PlayStation 2 software have sold worldwide, making it the best-selling gaming platform ever released.

**According to the latest Nielsen data (April – November 2007), PS2 is the most played videogame console averaging 42.2% usage minutes compared to 11.8% for Xbox 360 and 5.5% for Wii.

**PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) continues to experience strong sales momentum with new pricing and the availability of new entertainment packs. In November, 567K PSP hardware units were sold, nearly a 100% increase over last month sales.

Software Momentum (PS3, PS2 and PSP)

**PlayStation total software revenue in November was $414 million, sales dollars increased by 128% compared to last month’s sales.

**In November, retail dollars from PS3 sales totaled $138 million, a 192% increase over last month’s sales.

**PlayStation had three software titles in the top ten list across all consoles: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock for PS2 sold 966K units, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for PS3 sold 444K units and Assassin’s Creed for PS3 sold 377K units.

PLAYSTATION®Network Momentum
**Just one year after launch, there are more than 3 million registered PLAYSTATION Network users worldwide who have downloaded more than 60 million pieces of content.

**In North America alone there are more than 1.8 million registered users who have downloaded more than 34.5 million pieces of content.

**A recent PLAYSTATION Network price promotion for Calling all Cars™, Everyday Shooter™, flOw™ and Pixel Junk Racers™ resulted in a combined 920% increase in total downloads.

…and yet all I did was note to Jason that of the ten games on the list 1/3 of them are on the Wii.

Here’s an interesting figure, when you add in hardware and software sales:

Xbox 360 holiday revenue: $763 million
Wii holiday revenue: $587 million
PS3 holiday revenue: $364 million

Wii wins in units, but Xbox is rakin’ in the cold, hard cash. The figure I’d love to see, though, is the average per-game $$$ intake on each platform.

Uncharted … Ratchet&Clank, Heavenly Sword, Lair. More than 100$ million wasted for Sony.

Notice they do not list either PSP or PS3 ‘usage minutes’. What an amusing statistic to be trying to cling to.

And we just pointed out that one doesn’t really count, cause it doesn’t. Look man I own Wii Play, but there’s no way I would have gotten it if it didn’t have an extra controller with it.

So you and the rest of “we” decide something and now it’s fact? lol!