Now that I have broadband, what do I do with it?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Got my broadband today, an event that has me feeling like a kid in a candystore. My happiness knows no bounds, this is something I’ve wanted badly for years. My heart beat faster as the 3,5 Mb firewall program I thought I would need was downloaded in ten measly seconds, I realised great power lay at my fingertips but where to direct it? Help me before I implode with pent up joy.

http://www.fuckingfreemovies.com

:lol:

Another vote for pRoN!! Of course after you get tired of that…

Download all those 75mb patches you’ve been putting off and then those games from the Underdogs that you didn’t have three spare days to d/l :) .

Underdogs…aaaahhh.

Usenet.

LPB PWNAGE! Laugh at those 56kers with their silly high ping.

Were you the fellow who wanted the 50GB archive of Stargate SG-1 episodes?

Nope, not me. Man, here I sit with my broadband and you have to remind me of the gigs upon gigs of downloads that were available on WASTE when I had only a 56kb connection to download them with. :cry:

Well, now you don’t have to wait for magazine CDs to try out all those 100+ MB game demos.

I never have to buy a game magazine ever again. No offense to the people here who write for magazines but I have only bought them for the cover discs. There editorial content is simply not good enough (in the Swedish PC game mags) to make me want to buy them.

Holy cow! There are Swedish game magazines? :D :wink: With Swedish Tom Chicks and Swedish Desslocks, I presume? The mind boggles.

Swedish Tom Chicks and Desslocks would make me buy magazines. Good Swedish game journalism is extremely rare and in the PC-exclusive mags non-existant.

Another vote for this. Pr0n can be downloaded on a 56k if you are patient, but there’s no substitute for a super-low ping. I’ve know a couple servers on the backbone nearby that I ping under 20 - it’s like being on a LAN.

Por^H^H^H"Utilities" and “Applications.”

Swedish Tom Chicks and Desslocks would make me buy magazines. Good Swedish game journalism is extremely rare and in the PC-exclusive mags non-existant.[/quote]
In my mind, Swedish computer magazines had a golden age: the age of Datormagazin, DMZ.
Brad S, where have you gone? :)

I hope your move went well and all that. Hope Uppsala treats you kind :)

Well, you could download the first episode of Revolutionary Girl Utena, to see if it’s to your taste…
Just sayin’…

I could…if you tell me how to find such a thing.

I hope your move went well and all that. Hope Uppsala treats you kind :)

It did. Thanks for the sentiment.

I could…if you tell me how to find such a thing.[/quote]
Well, I dunno, I have the first episode, how fast can WASTE be if you let it, I wonder? (maybe some other system works better? IRC DCC transfer or something?)

[quote]I hope your move went well and all that. Hope Uppsala treats you kind :)

It did. Thanks for the sentiment.[/quote]
Nice to hear. Remember to treat the natives kind, backwards though they might be. They’ve lived out in the outback all their lives, after all.
;)

I could…if you tell me how to find such a thing.[/quote]
Well, I dunno, I have the first episode, how fast can WASTE be if you let it, I wonder? (maybe some other system works better? IRC DCC transfer or something?)[/quote]

We won’t know until we try. I’ll post my new-fangled IP-address and a new WASTE key in another post and we can go from there.

[edit] Or not. There was no one on WASTE but Anders and me using our old keys. I’ll be keeping WASTE up as long as my computer’s running every day so anyone who wants to grab something from me and has an old key can do so. Starting in 10 hours, after I get some sleep.[/edit]

Remember to treat the natives kind, backwards though they might be. They’ve lived out in the outback all their lives, after all.
;)

If where I’m at right now is the outback I would love to know what you would call my previous area of residence in southern Botkyrka. :)