[NWN] Looking at 1-2 DMed games over the holidays

All,

I am starting to set up 1-2 DMed games over the holidays, 12/26-1/2. I’ve got the servers lined up, now I’m working on narrowing the dates and the modules to run.

My first guess at dates are 12/26 and 12/30, both beginning at 8 or 9pm CT.

My first guess at modules would be a relatively straight-forward mod like Desperate Measure or Vethboro Dragon, and then a non-traditional NWN mod like the Firefly or SW (KOTOR era) conversions. The traditional mods require little beyond NWN, while the total conversion mods require all expansions and some large custom content downloads.

What I’m looking for in interested QT3 players, and potentially DM help (I will train if you’ve never DMed before)

eli

[size=6]edit 12/20 with more data[/size]

8pm CT 12/26: Vethboro Dragon (Forgotten Realms) Only requires NWN (no expansions needed and a small hak located here: http://www.slightlysilly.net/NWN/JHR1-MultiplayPack-v119.zip

sign up here: http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/games/index.cfm/fuseaction/displaygame/id/22187.htm

9pm CT 12/30: Strike on Sith’sebbat (Star Wars, KOTOR era). Requires both expansions,
CEP

The Sith War

and a small update hak I will email people

sign up here: http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/games/index.cfm/fuseaction/displaygame/id/22188.htm

So, if you want to play, please

1. Sign up on www.neverwinterconnections.com. Registration is typical for internet boards.
  2. Once you get your username/password and are logged on, follow the game links I have posted to find the game.
  3. Hit the “Apply for this game” button. Describe your PC, but most importantly include QT3 in your app. QT3 members get first dibs on slots, but I will fill any open slots with NWC folks.
  4. Once I have accepted your application, you will get a PM on NWC (I will try to remember to post here too). You can then Join the game by creating a placeholder PC on NWC. This is simply a placeholder, but it does allow my to publish all the connection info to all players/DMs without having to PM everyone individually.

I’m interested in both the player and DM roles. Both sound like a lot of fun. I’m also off that week so I can probably schedule it in.

I’d like to play. How long does a session normally run?

I’d like to play again and should be available during that timeframe.

3-4hrs–most DMed mods are designed for that runtime

Beyond that people (DMs included) get punchy and good roleplaying goes out the window :)

I’d likewise be interested in both player and DM opportunities. I’m not familiar with the NWN DMing interface and so forth, but I’ve run some PnP games.

I’m not entirely sure what my availability will be like, but I think I’ll be able to manage at least one of the games.

Edit: Please be advised that I’m not very familiar with Firefly. I’ve only seen the pilot. I’ve been planning for some time now to see the rest with friends over the holidays. So I’m probably not a good choice for a Firefly game.

Oh, come on, you know Wash buys it, what more do you need to know?

Bitch, if I hadn’t already been inadvertently spoilered, I’d be KILLING YOUR ASS. Best make a spoiler tag before the boyz catch ya.

Still don’t know if Firefly is the choice or not. Was more or less fishing for people’s response. I did also propose a KOTOR-like mod, but am open.

However if you know anything about the PnP game of Traveller, you know Firefly. Heck, if you can imagine a whole setting around Han Solo’s adventures, except without the alien dudes and the mystic-force-that-suroounds-and-binds-you claptrap, you know Firefly.

Firefly! Firefly! Firefly!

oh and Squirrel Killer, you’re neither funny nor DrCrypt, so stop trying.

Greatest game of it’s time.

I know, I’m just saying IF it’s Firefly.

As for MY response, I’m open to anything. To me, it all sounds sexy. A gritty Star Wars game involving smugglers and criminals and no Jedi would be cool. But that’s already most of the way to Firefly, I guess.

I know about the setting, the feel, the scope, etc. of Firefly – it’s just that I don’t know what actually happens in the series or movie (except a bit – thanks to SK and jerkoffs like him!), and I know you guys have done Firefly stuff with the actual characters and so forth.

I’m kind of against Firefly, mostly because I haven’t been able to keep up with the series (in my Xmas plans) or the movie.

Hey, I didn’t say what it was that he had bought, only that they had bought it. That “it” could be anything. A wicked cool pair of pulse pistols. A jelly doughnut. A membership to the Something Awful forums.

Hell, I didn’t even mention what happened to Book.

Yeah, but I don’t care about Book – he’s the kindly man of faith that every atheist sticks in his sci-fi tv show as if religion won’t die a merciful death long before spaceflight in order to convince himself of his own boundless tolerance. Babylon 5 and those shitty episodes about how Ivanona is Russian and has a rabbi, I’m looking at you.

:idea: How about we get this thread back on track :idea:

Firefly sounds cool.

I’d be very interested in playing on the 26th. Setting doesn’t really matter to me.

How about

12/26: Vethboro Dragon (Forgotten Realms) Only requires NWN (no expansions needed and a small hak located here: http://www.slightlysilly.net/NWN/JHR1-MultiplayPack-v119.zip

12/30: Strike on Sith’sebbat (Star Wars, KOTOR era). Requires both expansions,
CEP

The Sith War

and a small update hak I will email people

I need folks to confirm the date(s) they want to join. For who would be interested in DMing, please include that. I’d like to have a partner for each of the sessions.

What time are these games taking place?