NWN2 Goes Gold

Turning on the option “Possess Companion As Default Action” (or something like that) will change it so that left click on characters selects them.

If you want to use free camera in battle while you are switching party members constantly and one of the other camera modes the rest of the time, you can use * on the keypad to toggle through them.

I also strongly suggest you go to the gameplay options and turn everything that has the word “delay” in it off, and everything that has the word “speed” in to to max. Much better.

Only bug I’ve encountered is a bit of audio stuttering in cutscenes. I’m in Neverwinter, running around as a member of the Watch and arresting people in the face with the business end of my rapier. The dwarf companion is awesome. We are best friends forever, and tag team my other companions to hurt their feelings.

I love that I have yet to take an alignment hit for killing someone who has insulted me.

I don’t know about any other users with SLI systems, but mine didn’t have a profile for this game. I had to create a custom profile, with “Alternate frame rendering 2” for the SLI option. Latest Nvidia non-beta drivers.

It runs fine, but is there a console command for fps? I want to test the other SLI rendering schemes.

No it wasn’t. It was 5 discs, 3 for the OC and 1 for each expansion.

BG2s dialogue was influenced by character stats. For example changing Viconias alignment, the Gorion Wraith and Solaufein (Mindflayers or Illithids).

Ok, I’ve resorted to switching to “free cam” in combat situations, and follow in non-combat. That coupled with switch to party member on click, and this game is feeling almost exactly how I wanted it to.

Also, you can drag the “search” feat from the character menu onto the hotbar, so you don’t have to click the little search button to enable it.

One last request- is it possible to hotkey the broadcast commands “Stay where you are” and “follow me”?

I believe the command is: showfps

Thanks, I’ll try that.

They have a No Intro Movies fix file listed? The hell…? There’s a freakin’ INI setting to disable the intro movies. Sheeeeeesh.

Are you suggesting that it’s easier to change an INI setting than to go on the internet and dowload a file to do it for you? Because that would be crazy talk.

It’s also just not as cool though! Those “l33t h4x0rs” have to start somewhere I guess.

I didnt see the ini setting but I just pulled all the movies out of the movies folder and that works too. What an obnoxious amount of intro clips.

The game engine is a dog and I dont see a reason for it. The graphics are ok, better than the screenshots, but not great. The people look better than Oblivion (thank god) but barely. The environments/everything else looks worse than Oblivion.

Havent actually played much. The control scheme/camera is giving me fits, I am going to have to dig around in the options to find a better setup for me.

Gamespot review is up:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinternights2/review.html

I’m playing fine so far, appreciate the keyboard and camera tips posted. HAs anyone else noticed a gradual slowdown, particularly around particle effects? I have a farily beefy system and noticed pretty quickly I was running slower and slower. Saved, reloaded and it was like a night and day speed difference. I can’t yet apply the patch (D2D) but I’m hoping that is addressed.

This plays a lot like BG2 if you ask me. Nicer visuals and a polished feel to the game of course. I too get the voice clipping in conversations. Hopefully that’s a bug that will be squashed.

I do, however, wish they would stop recycling the same damn “you were hidden here as a child, they are back for you, now you have to run” style of intro. Can they make a game where you just ease in to it for a change? Hey! Welcome to this RPG, we’re under attack, get moving! We’ll get you some equipment later, quick kill that group of guys!

Wow they give the graphics a 6? Thats harsh.

Sheild?

EDITOR!

Whoa, are the graphics no good? The screenies looks stunning.

I think it looks great but thats just me I guess!

It’s got some EverQuest II-sian Oblivionitis in the humanoid region.

It looks better than the screens would indicate, but I think Gamespot graded the graphics on the basis that they don’t seem to warrant the system requirements (ie higher system requirements than Oblivion even though the game doesn’t look nearly as good).