NWN2 Goes Gold

Sweet! I’ll have to give that a shot when I get home from work later.

Sheild?

Shield + Female Child. The smaller form of human shield.

That stuff doesn’t even really start until you get to Neverwinter city. It’s certainly as good as in the KOTOR games once it gets going.

The game has a very slow start in general, which is one of its flaws. The animations of the lizard guys, the dull early areas which highligh the linear/non-interactive environments, the nature of D&D itself until you get to middle levels…

Did they release a manual version of the non-D2D 1.01 patch? The molasses autoupdater is pissing me off and I’ve timed out while patching a few times now, which starts it over from the beginning.

I might have to go break something if this keeps up.

Just read on the official forums that the game has no fog of war, i.e. you can see well beyond your character’s feld of vision over the whole map. What kind of fucking design decision is that?

One that doesnt affect gameplay in the slightest.

Especially since it uses spot and listen checks based on your party to determine if you can actually see your enemies. Also rooms you haven’t entered still show up as black, you can’t see what’s in them till you enter.

I loathe the party AI. Try telling them not to use items and they go right ahead and use all your haste and healing potions anyways. Wanted to play hardcore D&D rules? The reason they don’t allow friendly fire on normal difficulty is cause the AI has no problems unloading a fireball right on top of the party, including the caster. @#$@#$

Oh, joy! Gogamer cancelled my order that I placed on 9/23 with no explanation. Thanks guys!

Nice!

I wasn’t aware of that since by default selecting a party member just makes them a selected target. You still can’t lasso multiple to command them at the same time, can you?

That’s cool, I’ll have to take a look at this.

No, you can’t lasso them. This means that if you want all your guys to concentrate attacks on one enemy out of a group (a caster or healer, for example), you need to possess each one and give him specific orders. Otherwise they act according to their AI.

It’s much better than NWN1, but you don’t get the same degree of control like BG2.

No lasso and no “select all” command is a bad oversight. It also makes it really hard to get all your guys to run away. There is an overide to this, which is to posess a party member, then hold down the right button, then select “broadcast commands”, then select “follow me”. They will then drop whatever they are doing and follow whoever you are controlling.

I’d really like to put this command on the hotbar to avoid the 3-step process as I use it a lot in the game… but I haven’t found a way.

Also, remember that you can use the F1-F4 commands to quickly select your party members. This allows you to quickly tell all 4 to hit the same target without having to hunt and peck all 4 party members in the 3D view.

The AI controls do not appear to work at all (at least with version 1.00 since I can’t patch). Even setting “puppet mode” which is supposed to turn off all AI does not work. I can’t get my allies to stop doing things I don’t want them to do. Just a few minutes ago they all got themselves killed by running off into a mob of enemies while I was in conversation and I couldn’t stop them.

AI still has issues, definately. Although the campaign is getting better, a lot better.

As soon as I read this, I worried they didn’t cancel my order properly. I opted for D2D to get it a “day” early. I checked and it looks like they did cancel it. nKoan said he would buy it off me if it had actually shipped, though, so I wouldn’t have been SOL. :)

Oh, wow. That’s a good thing to know. :)

Anyone know of a way to get anti-aliasing to work in the game?

There will be AA available in the next patch for the game, apparently, so that’s (currently) a no .

So I picked up my copy today. Guess I know what I’ll be doing this weekend.

My copy arrived from Amazon 2 days early. Woo-hoo! Character creation is nifty, the character models look cool, and… crap. All I see during the tutorial is a fire. All else is dark. I can’t see my foster father. Apparently I took the Blind Trait without realizing it.

Created another character. He too was blind. My characters come from the worst gene pool in Faerun.

Ah well. Maybe I should try running this on my new rig (that I still have to put together & is laying in pieces in my den) rather than my 2-year old piece of crap. Sigh

A thousand curses on my employer for making me go to work tomorrow as if it’s just another day. The fools! How am I going to run a fed-ex quest for my foster father if my characters are blind? This problem must be remedied! But alas. My real-world employer is cruel, and doesn’t give time off for important stuff like this.

OK, so I am stupid. I have gotten the silver shard and I’m back at the starting village. Bevil has just dumped me and I sold all his gear. Georg told me to find some peon to join my party for the trip to Neverwinter.

My question is: WHO??? I can’t find a damn person in the village besides Orlan, Retta, Bevil, Georg, and PriestGuy, none of whom want to come with me. Oh, and some generic Harbormen and Villagers, ditto. WHO is recruitable for the Neverwinter trip? I feel like I’m missing someone totally obvious… :-P

Digging it though! WHY did I buy Shocking Hands when my DEX is so crappy?