NWN2 Goes Gold

Spoilers tag, Repoman, spoilers tag. Maybe we should start a seperate NWN2 spoilers thread.

WTF at the stupid AI. Since I patched the game, my teammates are killing each others for no reason. How can pathfinding and AI be worse than in the first Baldur’s Gate game ?

once i turned the AI off i started enjoying the game even more. and i was enjoying it a lot prior to that.

Yeah, it seems that “Puppet Mode” isn’t the same as “set every single character AI option to No”.

I did the latter, works for me.

Woohoo! My limited edition shipped!

Same here! Hopefully it will get here tomorrow so I can get some time in after work is done!

Just go to neverwinter already.

Yeap, shoulda done just that.

I posted it already in the NWN2 WTF thread, but I’ll say it again in here: new Nvidia drivers are out that should boost performance in this game. Also, it’s been reported that turning off environment normal mapping can have a good improvement on the framerate. There is also an .ini file in your Docs & settings\username… dir somewhere you can backup and tweak around, if you want to experiment with different setting sets.

How new are these? New today? I grabbed some on Wednesday from the official site… are those the ones you are talking about?

Make sure to wear protection while you molest your the NWN2 box. You wouldn’t want to get paper cuts in sensitive areas.

Dated 11/2, so they are new as of yesterday. Sorry, brah.

Sorry? Why are you sorry? This means that I’ve been playing with older drivers, and when I get home and install the new ones I’ll be better performance. This is good news!

Oh, because I didn’t say when they came out and that you’ll have to download and install yet another driver set.

BTW use one of the mirrors, the main one is dog-assed slow.

OK, I’m a retard… How do I turn off the AI?

Crap! never mind…

A few things about this game. I got it a couple of days ago. And this is the first game since BG2 that has me staying up too late and saying, “Just a few more minutes.”

Yeah it has problems, I hate all of the camera options. As well, I can’t stand the AI at all. But when I figured out that it was all about managing your party with the behaviour mode, it got better.

SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING

The dwarf and the teifling are decent party members for me, but the druid that follows you around and eventually joins your party is pure gold. As far as I’m concerned the sorcerer is annoying and useless. I was hoping for a wizard, and maybe one will show up later. But all you need up until the warehouse episode is the dwarf, rogue and druid. A couple of times in the warehouse my main was killed by the thugs that popped in behind my group, and the druid was the only one left. She finished off the rest of the thugs with no problem.

SPOILER ENDED

BTW, my main is a monk going for shadowdancer. Right now he has a 20 AC and some nice moves. I played a monk in BG2 and at higer levels he just kicks ass. I particularly like that his monk clothes match his +2 charisma hat. He reminds me of Kane from Kung Fu. Duh.

As for people complaining about graphics, I was playing the game tonite and my g/f commented on how amazing it looked. I agree. But maybe that has to do with the fact that I was playing HOTU before I got my copy of NWN2. Big difference. Okay, sure, it’s not FEAR or Oblivion, but it looks damn good.

BTW, I’m running it on a 3.0 P4 with 2GB of DDR2 and a 6800 AGP (GS) with 256 MB. Most of everything is maxed but I don’t have shadows on. Anisotropic seems to work okay. I may have other things tweaked differently, but I’m not sure.

Anyway, the game is all that I hoped it would be and more. Now I have to eat a sandwich and got to… bed… uh… soon… In a minute.

Just got my Collectors edition (Europe) and now I’m wondering or I’m missing the manual.

Got a 32 page DvDbox leaflet… This can’t be my 62 euro $ 78 worth right? They even dare to put it in a huge box shaped like a big book…

I pay $78 and they expect me to download and print a manual or so? Is there an online copy of the full manual anyway? The earlier mentioned download has “only” 80 pages.

Now if I had ordered the chaotic evil edition this would fit, but…

Can anyone clear up the manual issue?

grumbles

The ‘Lawful Good’ edition manual is certainly only 30 pages long. I assume there is a full manual on the disc somewhere, but I haven’t installed it yet.

That is completely ridiculous. The manual I got with my regular edition is 170+ pages. Do all collector’s editions come with pamphlets instead of manuals?

On the negative side, all the pages were cut far too short on the binding side, making me have to really pull the book open to read them. And the last 1/4 looks like the pages were actually wet near the binding.

This is the UK/Euro edition we’re talking about - we always get stiffed on manuals. Can’t believe Atari were so cheap as to put the pamphlet in the Collectors Ed. Here’s a couple of crappy trinkets you’ll never look at again! Congratulations, you’re a collector!