Obama DOJ Refusing To Defend Bans on Spousal Benefits for Gay Soldiers

If gay marriage is made the determining factor in the election the Rupublicans will win.

But it won’t be. The banner carrier for social conservatism in this race is Santorum, and Santorum has no chance in hell of beating Obama, unless the economy collapses again.

Nate Silver did an analysis a while back and sad that while Santorum runs far worse than Romney nationally, Santorum might actually have a stronger chance at beating Obama because of the electoral map. Santorum’s conservative image and more working class vibe play well in the mid-west and rust belt states where the election is likely to be decided.

Well if this guy is an example of the brain trust running the rust belt, you and Nate may be right:

A lawmaker has sent a letter to fellow Republican members of the Indiana House saying he will not support a resolution celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts because he believes it is a “radicalized organization” that supports abortion and promotes homosexuality.

In a letter obtained by The Journal-Gazette of Fort Wayne on Monday, Rep. Bob Morris of Fort Wayne said he did some research on the Internet and found allegations that the Girl Scouts are a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood, allow transgender females to join and encourage sex.

“After talking to some well-informed constituents, I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing,” Morris wrote in his letter, which also accused the group of promoting “homosexual lifestyles.”

Link

Ohhhhhhh, Republicans…“tactical arm of Planned Parenthood”? You just can’t make this shit up.

Of course, later in the letter comes the other reason Bob Morris is so upset with the Girl Scouts: “The Honorary President of Girl Scouts of America is Michelle Obama, and the Obamas are radically pro-abortion and vigorously support the agenda of Planned Parenthood, (that) should give each of us reason to pause before our individual or collective endorsement of the organization.”

Yep, it’s those goddamn uppity coloreds in the White House and their radical pro-baby murdering agenda.

I like that he notes “a small amount of web-based research”. Which means he googled “girl scouts + abortion” and looked at the craziest sounding link.

I wonder if some of these people can remember that point in their lives when facts lost all relevance.

Not unless “full on” now means “occasionally, timidly, somewhat.”

What the fuck is facts? American conservatives understand that liberals have long oppressed them with their perceived monopoly on stupid shit like facts, so they have developed their own schools, museums, textbooks, news channels, encyclopedias, scientists, and preachers because they’ve come to understand that these things have traditionally had an entrenched liberal bias which really made it hard to be a conservative and believe whatever it is you wanna believe without some asshole acting like you were ignorant. That’s how the liberals oppress your mind. Free that, and the rest will follow. We can build our own reality, and they can just study it. Republicans are postmodern as shit, son.

This is still the same administration that thinks that gay marriage should not be legal. Get back to me when Obama actually makes a change in that horrible position he holds.

Technically, this is the administration that thinks gay marriage should be decided at the state level, which is why they’ve stopped defending DOMA and never speak out or fight against the states that have instituted gay marriage.

Which certainly beats the last couple of administrations that thought it was some major issue that needed tackling at the federal level.

Obama is still perfectly fine if a state wants to outlaw gay marriage as that is what he personally believes, that gay marriage should not be allowed. I don’t find that at all acceptable.

Yes, that’s the 50th time you copy/pasted that statement without any plans on changing your mind.

At least Obama knows when not to beat a dead horse.

How cute, it stalks me from forum to forum even. Never had my own personal internet stalker before.

My responding to you has everything to do with the ridiculousness you continue to post, so try not to flatter yourself, even if doing so is the highlight of your day.

It’s very hypocritical to take a libertarian stance on how the federal government should not intervene in state laws, and then bash Obama for the safest compromise of taking the middle ground of not pursuing a marriage amendment in either direction.

When his administration explicitly calls out for the world to recognize homosexuality as a human rights issue, continuing to bash him specifically on not yet recognizing same-sex marriage is juvenile at best.