Obama-fearing right wingers

I have some right wing friends and relatives. (I picked them years ago and they became deranged.)

The thing that annoys me about many of them are those whiny refrains of “Obama scares me!” and “I’m scared what Obama will do!”

Naturally, my response is measured and calming: “He’s gonna fuck your wife!” and “Your kids will be taken from you and raised in Madrassas.” are particularly popular. Then I take a few seconds to explain my fear of Sarah and Todd taking over. Anyway, they can’t be swayed by reason since they are brain washed tools of Faux News. I think I’m going to have to reevaluate who my friends are.

Have you run into many people like this?

Yes, all the time; I live in Louisiana. In the computer lab somebody made the mistake of saying they support obama, and a bunch of other cs majors objected. Phrases such as “Do you want to be speaking russian in 4 years?” and “You know he’s going to dismantle the military right?” were all said with alarm.

Most of the girls at school I know are voting for palin “and that old guy she’s running with.”

Today an elderly (mid 70s) secretary and I were talking about something she heard on the radio. About those little microchips that people can put in their hands now to use as a form of credit card.

She looked me straight in the eye and asked “Do you think Obama is the Anti-Christ?” Apparantly the microchips are “The Mark of Doom” or whatever and all business will be conducted with them. If you don’t use it then you’ll starve to death and die or something…

I was absolutely stunned, because in every other way she is the nicest, smartest, most practical little old lady I have ever known,

I don’t talk about politics socially and especially not at work. A coworker asked me whom I will be voting for; I told her the truth. I haven’t decided yet, I think it will end up between me and the lever 'til the very end. Then she and another coworker told me to vote Obama. I carpool with my manager. He’s a Republican. I told him the same thing.

Democrats were saying the same things about a Bush re-election in 2004. There was real fear about what he would do (rightly so, as it turns out).

There’s all sorts of hyperbole that gets tossed around during elections.

Sure, except I remember them on the left when Reagan was president. There are stupid tools on both sides of the political spectrum.

I tend to not discuss politics at work as well. It’s generally just a bad idea.

Please, please, please tell me you said yes.

Oh, no. No ma’am, no. I don’t think he’s the Anti-Christ. Matters of faith aren’t about thought that way. I know he’s the Anti-Christ. I believe. The Unholy Ghost is in me! Anti-Amen!

At that point, begin speaking in tongues.

I also tend not to talk about politics at work. I figure that since I’d be annoyed if someone came up to me and started singing the praises of McCain, it’s only fair that I not impose on others in a similar fashion. I did have one relatively brief conversation with a co-worker that said that although she considers herself a Democrat, she couldn’t vote for Obama because “she couldn’t afford his taxes since she made so little” or something along those lines. My sense was that her decision was probably driven by something else she didn’t want to admit to, given her vague and innacurate reasoning. I thought about probing a bit more and maybe correcting her misperception, but ultimately decided that the workplace just wasn’t the appropriate place for it, and ended the conversation.

Yeah. You.

If you have a fear of Sarah and Todd then you’re just as brainwashed as they are according to your own metric. I’m sure they see you as somebody that won’t listen to reason.

The difference is I bet they probably never even considered dropping you as a friend no matter how much of a dingleberry they think you are.

Didn’t pick up the humorous tone, eh? Not surprised. No, Spoofy, if they had time I gave them my reasoned opinion why McCain and Palin are not right for the job. Thanks for your concern.

There is an email forward that has been going around for a while that says:
“According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is: The anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40’s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language…”

I know someone who actually believes this, former Hillary supporter.

I love this one so much because of what it says about the people who believe it. They are devout Christians who can’t be bothered to actually read the bible, the one book they talk about all the fucking time. It’s also says fun stuff about their total lack of knowledge of world history (it’d be, uh, pretty remarkable if the new testament said anything at all about muslims, eh?).

Nope. Man, I love living in California.

David Sedaris on undecided voters:

To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. “Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?”

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.

You know, the Daily Show did a piece on people like you. What’s frightening is how much the focus group statements resembles your posts, except they’re not racist.

My family. Mother, father and brother.

I’ve pretty much covered the panoply of human colors in my criticisms. I would paint every last person in the world blue if I could. Or green. Then we can call ourselves Orions.

If you don’t put in the winky face I just assume you’re being as big of a dingleberry as you are normally, um, being.

;) <— lrn 2 winky

How dare you! Dirt’s posts are full of racist.