Obama on Reddit

Went to Reddit a minute a go to check on a thread I started and the site is constantly giving me error pages. It loads up and I see why - I am Barack Obama, President of the United States – AMA.

The man knows how to court the Internet.

Damn, they killed it. Not even getting the “Under Heavy Load” message anymore.

Yeah, it’s nuts considering that it basically serves text.

There are some hilarious bits there in the comments.

Q: Who’s your favourite Basketball player?
A: Jordan - I’m a Bulls guy.
Q: damn right you are
edit: …sir.

Q: Are you considering increasing funds to the space program?
A: Making sure we stay at the forefront of space exploration is a big priority for my administration. The passing of Neil Armstrong this week is a reminder of the inspiration and wonder that our space program has provided in the past; the curiosity probe on mars is a reminder of what remains to be discovered. The key is to make sure that we invest in cutting edge research that can take us to the next level - so even as we continue work with the international space station, we are focused on a potential mission to a asteroid as a prelude to a manned Mars flight.
Q: an asteroid, Mr. President.

Hahahaha

I can’t get it to load, does it sound like he’s actually at a computer typing responses? Typos et all, etc?

None other than the “a asteroid” thing.

It reads to me like someone cutting/pasting canned responses to easily predicted questions.

A couple of staffers took pics of him on Twitter typing his responses. And, yes, they’re riddled with typos and errors – basically him typing as fast as he can while still trying to tiptoe through the morass of political speech. Some of his responses are spot-on, though. The one about Afghanistan. Nicely done.

Sure, it mainly sounds like bits of repurposed stump speech. But we can’t really expect much else. Every time a candidate goes off-text, he gets pummeled for it.

I have to give him credit for at least picking up no his own meme:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

That was pretty funny.

This is like the modern equivalent of when Clinton went on that MTV “town forum” show during his campaign.

I guess this proves that his staffers waste as much time online as we do.

“Hey Bob, get that slacker from IT up here. No, the one with no chin and cheetoh stained fingers.”