Obamacare is the law of the land

Agreed!

The sad part is, this was a chance to show a real crack in the Republican facade. Maybe a few more “no” votes might have started to tip the scales just a little bit. It might seem like a little thing, but I get the feeling that if the margins of failure became a little bigger, more rats might flee the ship, so to speak.

NEWS: I have solid word that Trump won’t pay CSRs if Senate doesn’t vote again to repeal. He will announce this week. 1
2- This sabotage plays games with taxpayer and kitchen table pocketbooks.

It is designed to hurt ppl because he didn’t get his way.
3- The reaction to this will be swift, condemning, bipartisan and brutal.

4- I will be on a mandatory 1 week Twitter break (if &) when this happens so let me say now:
5- This is all the proof we need that your welfare is less important than his.

It’s a simple test to get right and he will have failed us.
6- We have enough problems in the world without creating new ones.
7- I only hope he has a change of heart about this sabotage. And if not that Congress remedies this.
8- There is a way to remedy this.congress, states & insurers can step up to protect consumers.

9- When this is announced consider this the equivalent of an attack on your health & your wallet & your neighbors.

Respond accordingly.
10- Great thanks to all my friends that are career staff at CCIIO being asked to carry this out. Keep serving the public the best you can.❤️
https://www.dscho.com/threadbare

We’ll see. I’m not optimistic.

If the GOP gave a shit about people, they wouldn’t have introduced a terrible bill to gamble with in the first place… oh and almost pass it too.

Then look at it cynically - They’ve got their own asses to cover.

The republicans will be (choose all that apply):

distressed
anxious
uneasy
uptight
disturbed
troubled
perturbed
bothered
upset
exercised
butterflies in stomach
in a stew
on pins and needles
tied up in knots
worried sick
biting one's nails

You forgot

golfing

Lamar Alexander sounds like he’s kinda done with Trump on this.

LOL, can’t wait for this to become an issue in August 2018, 3 months before the mid-term election!

One of the more interesting, larger issues that seems to be drawing into play is that Republicans in Congress are starting to not be afraid of distancing themselves from the White House.

To me, that’s Gen. Kelly’s biggest challenge as new Chief Of Staff–repairing that relationship. If he can’t do it, Trump becomes useless to the party. And that’s not a good thing for him.

Totally agree. And one big part of that will be trying to get Trump to stop tweeting stupid shit. Which won’t work. So my prediction is that this is not going to get any better, and Trump’s nature means he’ll make it harder and harder as the whole relationship slides downhill.

I guess the irony is that Trump may know how to build skyscrapers, but he doesn’t know how to build relationships.

It boggles my mind why they wouldn’t impeach him. They end up with Pence, a more willing participant to their agenda, and they don’t have to deal with damage control of Trump all the time.

They would still have to deal with trump. imagine the tweets during and after it. And how his base would react.

I think for now that it’s still fear of backlash. Trump’s most hardcore loyalists make up a large part of Republican constituency. It’s a difficult calculus right now.

According to Robert Reich (or his informant), plans to get rid of Trump are already in motion.

Yes, Trump would be a political martyr to millions, and the GOP would be saddled with its very own ‘stab in the back’ legend and the attendant schism.

Couldn’t you argue, however, that they’re silently doing the same thing to themselves right now, losing the moderate conservatives and independent voters who voted for Trump but find the side show repugnant?

You could, absolutely. And that’s the complicated equation right now for Republicans – especially establishment Republicans – in the House and Senate. What’s the tipping point before this becomes too much water to carry?

So far, not yet. But it’s getting to be a burden.

It’s a delicate calculation for the GOP b/c they have to factor relative levels of base support versus general election support, factoring in things like “intensity” (the base tends to get pretty intense over what the general electorate might consider minor stuff), and they also have to factor in the fact that before they can even worry about the general election, they have to make sure they don’t get primaried and lose.

I believe we are in the general ballpark of a potential tipping point (how’s that for vague? - don’t try this at home; I’m a trained professional).

Somebody will the some spare time should throw together a Senate Republican Outrage Statement generator.

I am [disappointed] by the President’s recent decision to [kick] all [puppies] in the nation. If this continues, it will be very [troubling].