Obamacare is the law of the land

They’ll kill it one way or another.

“The American people know a bad deal when they see one…”

I think not.

Thus why they complained enough to stop the GOP health care plans.

The Rand Paul plan.

“I’ll probably be signing a very major executive order where people can go out, cross state lines, do lots of things and buy their own health care, and that will be probably signed next week,” he told reporters Wednesday. “It’s being finished now. It’s going to cover a lot of territory and a lot of people. Millions of people.”

The concept of letting insurers sell policies in other states has been very popular among Republicans and much less popular among insurers, state regulators and consumer advocates. The basic idea is that insurers would be able to sell policies in multiple states but only have to adhere to the regulations of their home state. So an insurer from a lightly regulated state, where policies may offer skimpier benefits and lower premiums, could start marketing its plans in a highly regulated state, where premiums tend to be higher.

A handful of states already allow this, but insurers haven’t taken them up on the offer. Also, states can form compacts to open their borders, but none have opted to do so.

Supporters argue that selling across state lines would promote competition, increase consumer choice and reduce rates. Residents would have a wider array of plans to choose from that meet their health care needs and budget.

Opponents, however, say that it would split the market so that healthier folks would flock to the skinnier plans, while the sick would stay in the more comprehensive plans, pushing up their rates even more. Or, sicker Americans would flock to the states that require insurers to provide more services, jacking up premiums there.

I suspect that such an executive order will be immediately taken to court, as it’s going to constitute a major infringement on the rights of the states.

Of course, being pushed out by assholes who just got done saying that the states know better about how to run healthcare.

That’s exactly what I was thinking… Weren’t they just going on and on about how they want States to be able to handle everything! ugh

They’re saying this in the same fucking breath as saying that they want to remove the rights for states to control their insurance regulations.

The GOP has abandoned even the appearance of consistency or rationality at this point. It’s all pure snake-oil now.

To Trump we’re all just contestants in his personal beauty pageant and he just found the key to the dressing room. Violations commence!

Tom Price is out.

The best people.

The swamp is slightly more drained than it was yesterday…I’m sure the Orange Eminence will tend to that in due course…

This isn’t actually part of the ACA, but it’s related.

Ugh, these fucking people.

May you all catch drug-resistant pinworms from the hands of an untreated child who scratched their ass and didn’t wash up before shaking your hands for a photo op at the hometown Homecoming parade. May you scratch your own ass but never find relief. May you be driven mad by the unscratchable itch of your ass.

May your next taxpayer-funded luxury cruise be stricken with norovirus brought on board by a preschooler, and may you bring it home and keep reinfecting yourself and may your toilets overflow on the day your housekeeper is off.

May you get lice, even in your hairpiece.

May the mumps virus mutate inside the body of a child who could not afford vaccines and may that virus now only affect rich white men who vote against health care and may your face and testes be perpetually swollen.

…and so on. Wow.

No Republican voters will care - after all, that only hurts Obamacare, not their ACA insurance plan!

Can anyone tell me how this makes America great?

Fucking idiots. All Republicans. Fucking idiots.

This is just an idle thought, but I wonder how many kids Donald would have today without birth control? Legitimate or otherwise?

Or abortions. Would be interesting to know how many abortions he’s paid for.