Obamacare is the law of the land

Really? You must not have kids. You can google them on your phone. Most cities have several but the hours vary so you need to check before going. We had to find one several Saturday’s ago for my wife after she tried to cut her finger off with a knife.

They had a real doctor on duty and they did a very good job treating her wound. As for the above one about a woman with a bad appendix, even at a hospital they would have run tests (not available at an urgent care) to determine it was an appendix. I know, I went to an ER for an appendix. :)

But the basic idea of the Urgent Care has been around a long time.

It is NOT.
The delicousness of their sandwiches is objective truth, if such a thing exists in our universe at all.

I didn’t see what was so special about them. I mean, they were chicken to start with.

It can’t be because I live in the same universe and I disagree. Tastes like chicken-flavored cardboard.

I’ll never understand the crazy love for Chick-Fil-A’s chicken sandwiches. They’re good, but they’re not stand-an-hour-in-line good, which is what happens around here when a new Chick-Fil-A opens. It’s a fried chicken breast with two pickles in a bun. It’s not some culinary secret.

Then again, I feel the same way about Krispy Kreme, another chain with zealots. They’re donuts. They’re good. That’s it. There’s no reason to stand in a long line line to get them.

Right? People treat them like the In N’ Out of chicken sandwiches, which they are NOT.

And Dunkin Donuts is WAAYY better than Krispy Kreme.

I dunno man, sounds like you’re the one treating them as the In N Out of chicken sandwiches.

I was thinking the same thing. We have one Chick-fil-a and one Krispy Creme and both when they opened had hour long lines. Now except for lunch and early morning they are just normal places.

The Chik-fil-a’s around me all got torn down and replaced with stores on lots 4x the size, with double-lane ordering. Which, hilariously, they don’t use. Instead they have an army of kids outside taking orders and payments manually. They even grab the food from the drive though window and hand it to you. This expedites the otherwise intolerable lines which can literally double around the building.

I generally avoid going there because of their anti-LGBTQ politics. But i’m not a perfect saint and occasionally do go there once or thrice a year. The chicken sandwiches are by far the best fast food chicken sandwich. Not a fan of their spicy sandwich, and their breakfast menu is blech. The grilled sandwich is edible and grease-less but tastes a bit like chicken-based styrofoam. Honestly like the nuggets the best.

I even made Chik-fil-a style sandwiches at home. The secret is to marinate the tenderized chicken breasts in pickle juice.

No one else does the melt in your mouth crispy squishy texture of glazed doughnuts as well as KK. The rest of their stuff is basically just fine, but those glazed doughnuts, especially served Hot n Ready, are something to behold.

Chik Fil A’s sandwiches are average, but their fries and ice cream are almost good enough to justify funding a bunch of hateful religious dickwads.

gasp I would NEVER…

And since we’re having this argument in the health care thread, probably worth noting that CFA is exactly the sort of people who got us where we are, electorally, today. So fuck em.

I stay away from them because of their politics. I tried them once because I was curious. Thought the sandwich was good but not anything that would make me wait for an hour in line.

Well said, that’s pretty much exactly my reaction to Chick-fil-A. I usually end up eating there only when my parents are in town, since they’re fundamentalist Christians who love to support “Godly businesses.” I find that extremely stupid, but I’m not willing to cause family discord over it.

I did a quick web search and wasn’t able to find anything that says CFA has refused to cover contraceptives in their insurance plans (yet). So at least they aren’t complete assholes. Of course, I suspect most of their employees are hourly wage slaves that don’t get insurance anyhow.

Chick-Fil-A is good, but it isn’t worth the long lines some of them seem to get.

As for Urgent Care, Quick Care, etc. We’ve got a pile of them in and around Reading. Some are run by the Reading Hospital (Tower Health now I guess?) and some by Penn State and even more than are independent. It’s an industry and I’m sure it’s contributing to the rise in healthcare costs that all these places are competing for your co-pays and your business now.

What I have found, and you should look into this if you have them, is that often the ones run by the hospitals are considered standard doctors when it comes to the co-pay charge. So I can go one of those and pay $30 out of pocket instead of the $75. I only know this because I dated a woman who works in hospital billing.

Since we’re already on the topic, let me point you at this Kenji Lopez-Alt breakdown of how chik-fil-a sandwiches work from a few years back.

Let’s debate the merits of the tastiness of various fast food delicacies while complaining about how expensive health insurance/care is in the country. (Personally, I am still a taco bell junkie - hey there are no good Mexican restaurants where I live.)

I still eat taco bell, and I live in the midst of some of the best mexican food you’ll find. It’s a comfort food thing.

Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food. Jesus wept.

I don’t think anyone is saying it is.