Obamacare is the law of the land

Yeah, I’m a northerner and even I think Krispy Kreme is better. Now, mind you, they’re not real doughnuts nor even pastries because pastries have to have some reasonable percentage of actual dough. Krispy Kremes appear to be 99% fat and sugar with the bare minimum of gluten to hold a ring shape, but that doesn’t mean they’re not good.

You know what. Fuck you. I am giving facts here, not opinions. A misstatement was made, and I provided information. And it’s not something I pulled from some news article or some talking point from a favorite politician. Most, if not all, high deductible plans still get a contracted rate. And while anyone is free to pursue cash discounts, no provider has to actually provide them.

I certainly don’t have to get on this board and provide information that I know, and I am certainly entitled to an opinion that you don’t approve of. So get off your high horse you son of the bitch and back the fuck off.

1xn1c9

I’m from the home of Krispy Kreme, they used to be so much better. I

I have to kind of admire the balls of this plan by Trump. Force everyone’s rates to go up this year by a lot. Once everyone’s pocketbooks are being squeezed, they will become more amenable to whatever shitty plan they try to jam down our throats next year, as long as Premiums go down.

I would have “admired” it more if it was the first time he did it, but I feel like he did the exact same thing with DACA.

That is a nice sand castle there, it would be a shame if anything happened to it.
Ooops (steps on sand castle).
Now you have to choose between having half of a new castle or nothing at all, and either way i get to blame you for the whole thing! Hahahaha.

I fear that if this works, he will just continue to do it.

I think this is kind of a large scale gom jabbar (yeah that’s right) test to see who will jerk their hand out of the box first. Logically it would seem to be the one who faces the greatest repercussions. Polls seem to indicate that there’s consensus, even between dems and repubs, that Trump owns ACA, and he’s been talking about blowing it up if things don’t go his way. Wonder if we’ll see any of his constituency turn on him if they feel the burn.

It’s time like this when I wonder how this is being covered by Fox News. It’s all fine and good to be on the fact-based community side, but I’m curious to see what the other side is being fed. Sometimes truth does peek through over there. Hopefully they’ll have some panelists who will get the word out to Fox News viewers too.

Form what I’ve seen, Fox spins it right down the GOP line - the subsidies were illegal and this will offer the middle class a choice of providers and coverage types.

You certainly win the prize for this very fitting reference.

Republicans might be more amenable to a deal, but not Democrats. Higher premiums mean an angrier electorate in 2018, and a greater likelihood of taking Congress. I mean, the ads write themselves: “Are you better off now than two years ago?”

Likewise, the GOP has lost whatever credibility it had left on health care. The Democratic refrain will be that whatever new GOP plan is, it will raise rates just like the last one did.

Yea, what little I have seen pretty much follows this line, although in the panel shows you do get the occasional “Why haven’t they (meaning the GOP) come up with anything else?”.

Republicans will blame the higher rates on Obamacare. They won’t fool everyone, but they will fool a lot.

And somehow they’ll manage to couple Obamacare with “the gay agenda,” “the war on religion” and Black Lives Matter if any of the faithful should waver.

I’m sure they’ll try, and I’m sure some people will believe it. But those people were not going to vote for Democrats regardless.

On the other hand, there are lots of people who voted for Obama in 2012 and Trump in 2016. They thought Trump was the person most likely to help them, and they are unlikely to believe that Obama is to blame for losing affordable health care, which after all he first provided. If they turn against Trump, he’s toast.

There are few things Trump could do that would hit the pocket book directly of some of the “disenchanted” who voted for him, and one of those things is health care premiums. It will be pretty damn hard in 2019 to blame skyrocketing insurance costs, or the fact that you have no insurance, on Obama by then. Trump will own it.

Sen. Chuck Schumer states the obvious:

In this, politically, he’s in much worse shape than we are. The American people, even a large number of Republicans, are on our side in terms improving the system, not destroying it. So I don’t think he has much leverage to threaten or bully.

“Except for the part where we allow him by fiat to do whatever he wants and don’t stop him.”