Obamacare is the law of the land

I defer to Swift on that question.

I love that our health care thread has turned into a discussion about ways to give yourself a chicken-induced heart attack.

This week, Virginia became the 33rd state/commonwealth to accept the Medicaid expansion.

A big part of that was the November 2017 elections. Blue wave strikes.

Iā€™m pretty sure the Popeyeā€™s taste better than the babies, so Iā€™m 100% with you.

Man it is been ages since I have had Mikeā€™s Huli Huli chicken, it is awesome. Next time Iā€™m near thereā€¦ Thanks for the reminder.

Youā€™ve seen that guy with the crazy eyes, right?

Well, this is a holy shit kind of moment.

So there, we have essentially the collapse of protections for pre-existing conditions.

If Republicans were trying to hand Democrats an easier path to a happy November, Iā€™m not sure of any other way to have done that. Iā€™m guess Republicans in purple districts are apoplectic right nowā€¦and canā€™t even express that.

This should be great for the country after itā€™s awful first. Cā€™mon November!

Well there it is in black and white.

The Republican health care plan is officially ā€œIf you are sick or old, you should just die.ā€

Even the Democratic party cant mess THIS electoral gift up, rightā€¦?

They know that old people who are scared are their core voters, right? I guess they figure theyā€™ll keep medicare untouched and the old people will cheer the deaths of everyone else?

I have no idea. I donā€™t look for logic in Republicans any more.

This just seems nuts politically.

You know what? I hope those who voted republican states get what they deserve. Old people? That limit to the rate over average? Gone. Pay through the nose you jerks who vote GOP. You a Trump voter with diabetes? I hope you lose insurance.

But the problem is collateral. If this would be limited to a red states? Iā€™d say fuck em and be done. But it wonā€™t be. So I hope those Democratic states defending it in court do so successfully. I hope those people who voted trump and would be hurt by this, arenā€™t. They deserve to be, but not at the expense of innocent others.

But hereā€™s the thing with this: itā€™s a complex issue to explain, because it can be spun as ā€œTheyā€™re getting rid of that individual mandate Obama made 'em put in!ā€ And it requires further ā€œYes, but that also means that it will invalidate protections for pre-existing condidtionsā€. Thereā€™s a wide swath of voters out there who are very stupid, and who will not see that for being dire if it doesnā€™t affect them personally right at this very moment.

Basically I want this to be yelled, on repeat, at every trump voter who thought he gave one single fuck about the working class

Dead people donā€™t vote (except in Chicago)

I really shouldnt have laughed at that :)

Youā€™re not the only one

you know all the of the republicans that voted for trump and screamed for the repeal of the ACA will still blame Obama and curse him out for passing the ACA. It truly makes no sense.