Obamacare is the law of the land

Spinning is tough work.

ā€œLosing coverageā€, how?

Because thereā€™s ā€œWe no longer cover youā€ losing coverage, and then thereā€™s ā€œSurprise, hereā€™s your new premium based on your pre-existing conditionā€ losing coverage in a few months.

At any rate, the point raised by the article remains. This is a losing proposition for Republicans in a huge number of districts.

Here we go again!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/president-obamas-claim-that-insurance-premiums-will-go-down/2012/08/09/424048f2-e245-11e1-a25e-15067bb31849_blog.html?utm_term=.dee323597690

A great question. I believe the CBOā€™s data referred to the first kind (ā€œWe no longer cover youā€), in arriving at the 3.5 percent figure.

I mean it seems like you are the one who is spinning; the ACA did reduce costs for the average American, but because more Americans were covered the overall cost went up (though this was expected and accounted for). Lastly the rate of increase in cost slowed considerably, which certainly is a benefit as well.

Still not univeral healthcare though. You guys should try that.

Because they donā€™t want millions of people to lose their access to healthcare? They donā€™t want people who are unfortunate enough to have pre existing conditions like diabetes or cancer to have their lives entirely ruined, and be forced to lose everything they own or die?

What part of this donā€™t you understand?

Perhaps more importantly, why is this a thing that you want?

I agree. The ACA has been destroyed by the Republicans. Democrats are moving on to embrace single payer solutions. Thanks Obama.

Honestly wouldnā€™t surprise me a bit if single payer and legalized marijuana were both party of the official party platform in 2020. Some of that may depend on who the nominee is. (Itā€™s hard for me to imagine Joe Biden getting behind legalization.)

The Democrats really need to run someone who isnā€™t a thousand years old.

I agree. And legalization is a winning issue for them.

Yes, it would likely get college kids to turn out to the polls too.

All of this

And this.

As to @gman1225ā€™s question on why democrats are fighting to preserve whatā€™s left of the ACA? Because preserving things like age based pricing restrictions and pre existing conditions positively impacts millions of peopleā€™s lives in ways that, not to put too fine a point on it, probably literally save some of their lives.

If only we knew some people who are examples of this, in order to humanize the proposed series of tragedies needed to fund the next donor giveaway.

I know. Itā€™s not like you and Tom are living examples of people who, without the ACA, would either not be alive or be permanently financially ruined. Certainly that wouldnā€™t feed into your strong opinions on the GOP.

Nice tools!

Itā€™s missing a picture of the biggest one. The tool heā€™s replying to.

I couldnā€™t agree more. As much as I like Biden and Warren, I donā€™t want to see either on the ticket. We need to be done with baby boomer leadership.

I see healthcare, legalization and economic opportunity for all as winning issues. With the GOP going full brownshirt, I think the racial/ immigration issues take care of themselves.

(Note, that does not mean I donā€™t think dems should pursue progressive policies on those issues ā€“ I do ā€“ just that highlighting them during the campaign is redundant when youā€™re running against a modern nazi party).

I think the only people who had costs reduced are those who had the government pay most of the bill. Now if you mean rising costs were reduced then I guess thatā€™s true, although for those who have seen their monthly health insurance bills go up every year that is little consolation.

Insurance before the ACA was a mess, and insurance with ACA was a mess for most of us. The GOP blames Obama (ACA) for the current state of health insurance but that rock slide started long before he got in office.

Deja vu all over again