Obamacare is the law of the land

Yeah. Party of the problem is that the GOP repealed the parts of the ACA that helped pay for stuff, like requiring everyone get insurance. Because everyone liked most of the ACA, they just didn’t like they part that made us pay anything… Because most voters are dumb as rocks.

So the GOP repealed that part… although, turns out, event without that the insurance companies are still supportive of the ACA.

But this ruling, from what I can see, is kind of a nonsensical rolling that the whole thing is unconstitutional and can’t fall back on the tax definition used to explain the individual mandate… But that part was removed anyway.

I honestly can’t make sense of the ruling. Certainly partly because in not a lawyer, but i think also because it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

That’s why I don’t that the SCOTUS would support this.

While people try to politicize the SCOTUS, the reality is that all of its members, even Kavannaugh, are serious business jurists. They aren’t partisan hacks.

Don’t agree. Kavanaugh is a partisan warrior. Others, like Gorsuch, are idealogical warriors.

Please don’t call them warriors.

I think RBG could swing a two-hander. Maybe not while wearing chainmail.

Anyway, “warriors” are the new “activists” because saying it makes you sound tough and manly and not Liberal.

Oh come on, between Brett, PJ, Squee, and Donkey Dong Doug, Kavanaugh was definitely the most serious business jurist of them all.

Yes, I prefer the term “hack.”

Steph Curry and Kevin Durant are the real warriors.

Good grief. Alito and Thomas are already on the record:

The Act before us here exceeds federal power both in mandating the purchase of health insurance and in denying nonconsenting States all Medicaid funding. These parts of the Act are central to its design and operation, and all the Act’s other provisions would not have been enacted without them. In our view it must follow that the entire statute is inoperative.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/11-393#writing-11-393_DISSENT_5

Now, given that Alito and Thomas have already decided that 1) the individual mandate is unconstitutional, and 2) that part of the law can’t be separated from the rest, why on earth would anyone suppose that they are such serious business jurists that when, presented with a lower court ruling which says exactly the same thing, they would change their minds?

Curry is a warrior. Durant is more of a camp follower.

SuperMax: Hardest Road Warrior

Knew I shoulda gone with Draymond…

This… is… Sparta!

When you’re level 4 on Kephallos and haven’t put many points in that yet…

More asshole providers - Zuckerberg General, so called because facebook dude gave them $75 million recently is out of network with every single private insurer.

This means they bill massively inflated out-of-network fees to pad up income. In the case of the biker above, the insurer already paid twice what medicare would have paid for the service. The hospital’s billed price (the infamous supercharge) was 12 times the medicare payable amount.

Out-of-network balance billing for emergencies is one of the most bullshitty things out there.

This is one of the biggest reasons we need single payer.

I have a crazy idea. Don’t pay that bill.

Fixed your post.

You forgot changing your cellphone number. I used to get collection calls from the previous owner of my number, it was OBNOXIOUS.

Nah, they won’t hit your credit because they don’t want this scam ride to end. They’ll just go after the next sucker.

If they do, you contest it and say you never agreed to that charge, and you’ll win. I’m assuming she didn’t agree to $20k to treat a broken arm.

If you keep paying the thieves, they’ll keep robbing you.

That’s not the way it works. Our system is really insane: when you get admitted, you sign forms agreeing to pay the charges, but the hospital doesn’t have to specify the charges. You are giving them a blank check. And if you are unconscious/unable to sign, in most cases that still doesn’t matter.