Obamacare is the law of the land

Who cares if we approve a bullshit bill because the senate can improve it. What a joke.

Sen Feinstein said on Meet the Press that the senate committee writing the healthcare bill will consist of thirteen white men, no women.

"“Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care,”

hahahahahahahhahahaha

That’s my representative, talking out of his ass as usual.

Sounds like a pre-existing condition.

RawStory: ‘It’s wrong’: Democrats blast Senate GOP’s all-male healthcare group

As the Senate begins to wrestle with a Republican healthcare bill narrowly approved by the House of Representatives last week, senators questioned why the 13-member working group put together by Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell does not include any of the chamber’s five Republican women.

“Women’s health is a big part of this and women are a majority of the population, and their health interests deserve to be contemplated in any reform,” Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein of California said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Democratic Senator Patty Murray of Washington wrote on Twitter: “It matters to have women at the table — and it matters when they aren’t.”

Republicans pushed their healthcare restructuring through the House on a 217-213 vote, handing President Donald Trump his first major legislative success.

But the bill faces an uncertain future in the Senate, where Republicans have a narrow majority and several members have suggested they will develop their own plans. Democrats are united in opposition to the House bill.

I hope you dropped the mike after that.

Oh come on, those 13 Senators totally know what’s best for women when it comes to healthcare. And the workplace, and birth control, and abortions, and equal pay, and family leave, and sex, etc.

If it’s non-voters who are saying stuff like that, they need to fear.

If it’s just regular Dem voters saying that, not so much.

Low-information voters are the ones that decide presidential elections.

I think Trump’s base will also double down harder which concerns me.

This is true, but even as low information as you can get, when your premiums go up because you are a diabetic, you certainly will be pissed enough not to vote for the guys that passed that bill. Information or not, they can’t change the fact that this bill will increase premiums for a lot of their base.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/05/09/527627331/fact-checking-republicans-defense-of-the-gop-health-bill?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news
Probably not news to anyone here but I thought it was interesting to see what was being claimed and the fact checks.

But, but, but - they didn’t fact-check “Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care”!

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

This is an email i received from “my” senator John Cornyn ®, current majority whip.

I Want Your Obamacare Feedback

Health care affects each and every Texan’s life. As the United States Senate continues the process of replacing President Obama’s healthcare law, I want to hear about your experiences and how we can do better.

Texans across our state have told me that under Obamacare, they haven’t been able to keep their doctors, plans have disappeared, and high deductibles and double-digit premium hikes have made coverage unaffordable.

But, I’d like to hear from you. Let me know how Obamacare has impacted your family, your loved ones, or your business by replying to this email. As Congress crafts a new health care law, I want to be sure your voice is included in the conversation.

Maybe a bit scared? Fishing for a way out?

A new NBC-WSJ poll finds that the public thinks the GOP’s health care plan is a bad idea, 48% against vs. 23% for.

Some people are finding more direct ways to let GOP House members know about their displeasure, as WaPo reports:

Could she be acquitted under a good samaritan law?

A co-worker said she was going for a self-defense argument - GOP is trying to kill us, so she targeted him in self-defense. But then he mentioned that she’s actually a “1%-er” and isn’t even subject to ACA stuff. I didn’t bother to fact check, however.