Obamacare is the law of the land

NJ pays 66%. I got it for the first, and then moved to PA for the second.

I am so jelly right now, you guys.

Looks like California is 55%, up to $1,173 per week max, if you make $110k.

This is why I refuse screenings.

It was so urgent they couldnā€™t wait for the CBO score before they HAD TO VOTE ON IT. But they still have to wait on the CBO report before it goes to the Senateā€¦ so the House leadership has just been sitting on it for weeks. Nobody knew passing a law could be so complicated.

Oh man. This really is the gang that couldnā€™t shoot straight.

Policy wonk.

you have to earn enough to get the subsidies in most red states, you earn below it, you make too much for medicaid and not enough for subsidies.

Before the expansion, in OR pretty much a single person who actually worked full time on minimum wage couldnā€™t get Medicaid but also often couldnā€™t afford the employer insurance, if offered. Then there is the group thatā€™s at 30/35 hours which puts them below full time so they arenā€™t eligible for employee insurance but make too much for Medicaid.

I thought the expansion intended to help this group but only in the states that took it of course.

Yep, and thatā€™s the part the SC overturned. Otherwise thereā€™s no ways the Dems would have allowed this to happen- the hole was that obvious.

Any ACA fix has to address this hole, or we might as well go single payer, which is what Iā€™d support now.

I see what everybody means now. I was only going by my ā€œCaliforniaā€ experience. My daughter ended up with Medicaid Health Insurance, which is fine as long as you never get sick.

In researching it I discovered I could get almost the exact policy I have now with Blue Shield thru Californiaā€™s system for about half of what I pay now. I was warned by a broker though that odds are most my doctors would turn it down. I donā€™t know how real that is though.

Medi Cal is not that terrible, neither is Medicare. When I make statements like Medicare for everyone as if itā€™s a magical cure, I am comparing it to some of the Commercial Payors which are, frankly, better.

I am not sure what you mean by saying itā€™s okay so long as she never gets sick.

So few doctors accept it that appointments are basically non-existent. You just go and get in line and hope they get to you. Kind of like going to a Ready Care. We have two of those right by my house, but neither would take her.

Well yeahā€¦ thatā€™s because Medicaid doesnā€™t pay very well so a lot of the providers can only accept so many patients from that kind of a Payor. Iā€™ve also mentioned before none of the plans, including ACA, really focused much on Supply. When she is seen by a provider though it should cover her for many things pretty well actually.

Yea, I know the last time she was really sick she did end up seeing someone, she was just unhappy that he told her ā€œto ride it out and she would get betterā€. I guess itā€™s a good thing that doctors are less reticent to hand out drugs just for the sake of handing out drugs now.

Antibiotics for the common cold should be against the law. If CA is like OR though, we have to get prescriptions for the good symptom control medications though because of meth problems. I want real SUDAFED, stuff that used to cost me around 5-8 dollars is now easily over a 100 if you include the office visits and it clogs our physician offices.

Oh yea, Sudafed requires somebody unlocking a cabinet.
The central valley is a terrible place if you have allergy or sinus troubles. I think my wife and youngest daughter are basically on some kind of sinus medicine/allergy medicine most the year.

Probably a surprise to no one:

For the record, Nationwide, around 70% of physicians accept me Medicaid patients.

Itā€™s something of a myth that no one takes it.

You can accept Medicaid patients but still be closed to new Medicaid patients.How does that show up on your report?