Obamacare is the law of the land

Lol?

Leading with the story of the Montana GOO candidate going berserk, a poll with a strong favorable view of the ACA? The conservatives of Fox News are painfully close to an epiphanyā€¦

Fox viewers go all in with Breitbart and info wars starting tomorrow.

So, Mr Meadows, why did you vote for the bill, then?

No shit, fuck this asshole and his fake tears. Clearly his sister must have meant a lot to him if he was willing to kill othersā€™ sisters as well.

Iā€™m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if he actually follows that up with actions. If he actually ends up fighting to properly fund high-risk pools.

If the senate modifies the bill (which they will), the house has to vote on it again to approve the final bill, correct?

That would be the creation of a federally guaranteed entitlement to benefit the sick and poor. I have a very hard time believing any member of the ā€˜Freedom Caucusā€™ will be on board with that. I doubt his sincerity, and I expect the eventual proposal to avoid solving the issue by dumping it onto the states.

If he had a genuine concern for people like his sister, heā€™d have voted against the bill on principle or refused to vote until learning what he has now. The crocodile tears area nice act, but heā€™s done an enormous dishonor to his family and those of millions of Americans in the name of Evil (I mean Republicanism).

http://i.imgur.com/gXzlXXy.png

Yawn, just another day on the beltway

Forty Republican representatives who voted for the American Health Care Act held shares in health-care companies valued at $23 million and earned more than $2 million off those investments, a Daily Beast review of the most-recent financial records found.

My major complaint on the article is that it focuses on reps who voted for the AHCA (all Republicans), and ignores the rest of the population. On one hand, this is a great news & concerns me a lot - are they really voting for the people when so many profit off their decisions? On the other hand, is this a statistical outlyer, or do Democrats have the same ratio of people who have invested in healthcare related stock?

Drain the swamp and fill it with the blood of the innocent.

How innocent can they really be if God has afflicted them with so many preexisting conditions like diabetes, cancer, and being black?

ā€œJob was a good and righteous man. Ehā€¦ but also kind of a dick, so the Lord said, ā€˜fuck that guyā€™.ā€

[quote]Aetna Inc. said Wednesday it would pull out of Virginiaā€™s exchange in 2018, after saying Tuesday it was going to substantially scale back its already-limited marketplace offerings. Aetna pointed to ā€œfinancial risk, and growing uncertainty in the marketplaceā€ in its Virginia decision.

The new developments added to the signs of strain in exchanges around the country, kicked off by Humana Inc.ā€™s announcement in February that it will next year withdraw from all marketplaces, leaving an area of Tennessee at risk of having no exchange insurers[/quote]

IMO these are crazy increases; thereā€™s no way this is sustainable. Getting rid of the ACA doesnā€™t fix anything; we need single payer - which means killing insurance companies and fixing reimbursement rates for medical services. There really is no long term solution otherwise.

Thereā€™s no faster way for us to get to single payer than making health insurance literally unaffordable for most/almost most of the population.

If we can redirect the anger from the ACA bugbear and onto the insurance companies where it belongs, then maybe we can put enough pressure on government for a solution to present.

Thereā€™s the other side of the coin: Capitalism ho! Everyone just has to pay out of pocket for everything. The rich will have all the healthcare they can afford. Everyone else will have to shop for medial care and make health decisions based on their finances. I would expect the rates of death by toothache and broken bones to really rise.

So what youā€™re saying isā€¦ invest in midwifery and leech stocks? Sounds like real growth industries! 100% organic leeches infused with Essential Oils! Perfect for that festering wound that just wonā€™t clear up (because no one can afford to go to the real doctor).

Sure! Take the rattlesnake bill above. Figure out how to get $150k in a couple of hours, or take a hike, buddy.