Obamacare is the law of the land

I’ve said this before and i’ll say it again, it’s the whole god damn enchillada. Everyone has to make less money, across the board. Research has to be government funded, specialization has to be way scaled down and GP increased, doctors offices pooled into central facilities which can share equipment and staff, cost of going to medical school greatly decreased, government manufacture of generic medicines if industry refuses to (we have, of all things right now, a Sodium Bicarbonate shortage (?!?!). I mean, i’ll get the shit out of my pantry if it’ll help.) Bah. I wish i were Emperor of everything, it wouldn’t be hard to clear this up.

Insurance is all about a managed pool of risk. When you have people who can join & leave at a moment’s whim (with such a minor penalty), you no longer have a managed pool. Instead of 10% of your population needing care, they are seeing much higher percentages so the cost averages they do when calculating rates are not penciling out.

I’m a fan of single payer, but I’m also for a flat medicare/Medicaid tax for when you’re < 62 where you can not opt out. Then you’ll have a managed pool.

We also have to do something about the spiraling costs…@Strollen has pointed this out in the past.

Yep. Costs are outrageous and definitely need to be worked on. But not with free market economics. Killing people for dollars is disgusting.

Yes, I actually want universal health care. My bad. Single payer is a feature of that but not the actual thing. Tax people for the costs of healthcare, drive down the costs of healthcare, and give healthcare to everyone. There should be no point as you go down the ladder of economic success where we throw up our hands and say, “Well, you’re just fucked. Get a better job, dummy.”

The ‘Fake News’ mantra that the right has taken up is mana from heaven to them. That so many Americans slurp this garbage up is a very disgusting development.

And let’s be clear about this: this is the third-ranking Republican in the Senate calling the findings of a bipartisan, independent congressional accountancy group approved by GOP leadership “fake news”.

Yep, Cornyn is actively engaged in making the GOP base even stupider and angrier. ‘Irresponsible’ is probably the kindest description.

This is a good article on the possible future of single payer in the US. Like Megan, I’m skeptical that single payer would work in the US, and the more I see of Medicare the more skeptical I get. Still, she makes a very good case that New York and California are the ideal places to try single payer.

One of the few good things about the AHCA is that it frees states to experiment with how best to deliver health care.

The only thing almost everyone agrees with is the US healthcare is a really bad value, it delivers mediocre care at nearly double the cost of most other developed countries. This means something has to change. Within in the US there are a small number of organizations and place that do a much better job, but before we implement something on a national scale it is critical that we beta test it on a state level.

wut

So the word on twitter is that McConnell is going to sneak in a vote on the ACHA. Just like the House they’ll drop the bill and then vote on it immediately so there’s no time for anyone to read, no CBO score, etc.

It’s everything terrible they accused the ACA of doing, except the ACA went through a full year of Obama doing town halls answering questions personally about it, etc. :/

Well fuck. And here I was thinking this thing was dead but it looks now that they’re going to do it. Next up tax cuts for the filthy rich.

Well, McConnell is a devious, evil son of a bitch, so I’m not surprised.
If I live long enough I’ll try to make a special trip to go piss on his grave.

I was hoping to do an annual tour of pissing on all these fuckers’ corpses in my twilight years.

It’s almost like watching a contortionist and thinking, there’s no way a human body can do that - but Republicans really are that shameful. It’s astounding.

Got a friend who votes Republican? Punch em in the mouth, hopefully knock out a couple of teeth. Wish em luck paying for it. Or don’t. Pieces of shit like that don’t deserve luck!

I’m so gonna like the shit out of this post once Tom enables likes. Gonna like it so much!

Which is to say “You go girl!”

One more to the pile of ‘if you voted Trump, fuck you’ I guess.

You forgot the part where she says she’s voting Republican again anyway.