Obamacare is the law of the land

But Trump lies about everything, so his statement regarding this means nothing.

Even if heā€™s telling the truth, it will only be true until he needs a cudgel to threaten the dems with.

The bill is now 4 Republicans short of being DOA again.

Thatā€™s a small enough number that they will lean heavily on the remaining no folks.

If they try to pass it again, the public will freak or again, and more folks will bail.

I did my taxes and had gaps in medical coverage but the Obamacare fees for lack of coverage were just instantly waived. On the level of a Jedi mind trick.

Nope!

[quote]
Despite pressure from the White House, House GOP leaders determined Thursday night that they donā€™t have the votes to pass a rewrite of the Affordable Care Act and will not seek to put their proposal on the floor on Friday.[/quote]

The GOP has painted itself into a corner where the only healthcare law that will even garner full GOP support is effectively a paradox.

ā€œWe want something which is not obamacare, but provides all of the benefits of obamacare.ā€

House Bill 606 declares that despite contrary opinion the Affordable Care Act otherwise known as ā€œObamacareā€ shall be referred in public exclusively as ā€œTrumpcareā€ and that all mentions of ā€œObamacareā€ be excised from all documents and monuments public and private. Furthermore said Bill exhorts all Federal officials to make mention of President Trumpā€™s wisdom in furthering this important legislation before his official term.

ā€œWe have always been at war with east asia. We have always supported Obamacare.ā€

As time goes on, Trump himself will become less and less important in the current administration. Without Trumpā€™s influence, the remaining Republican forces will become more organized and competent-- so I think there is a very good chance that a meaningful and needless-to-say disastrous overhaul to Obamacare will pass in the current Congress.

I agree. Give them enough time and they will triangulate a way to something.

If that happens it will have to be this or next year, as their majority shrinks further in 2019.

Letā€™s not assume anything. Democrats need to fight hard.

This reminds me of a quote from Hamilton during one of the cabinet battles.

Hamilton, the Treasury Secretary was trying to set up a National Bank to consolidate debts. The southerners didnā€™t want to pay for NY debts, and wouldnā€™t listen. Turns out it is much easier to win an election (or a war) than to govern afterwards. (Turns out a lot of people probably didnā€™t vote for you, and you still govern them)

They had to compromise, and it got done.

Do you hear that GOPā€¦ they had to COMPROMISEā€¦

But they donā€™t wanna! Theyā€™re gonna hold their breath till they get their way!

To be fair, this has worked for them very effectively for years. Itā€™s just failing them now since they have majorities everywhere.

It does seem unintuitive that holding your breath helps you get what you want when you donā€™t control everything. But when you do, you have to compromise with the democrats? Inconceivable!

Shocker! Trump doesnā€™t know whatā€™s in his own health care bill.

I have to admit ignorance on some of aspects of the bill as well, but then itā€™s not MY bill that Iā€™ve been trumpeting to anyone that will listen.

Just to clarify about this recent thing with pre-existing conditions;
As Iā€™m reading in the Vox article, people with pre-existing conditions would still technically have coverage for their ailments but theyā€™d be charged a higher premium and/or have higher deductibles. Is that about right?