Obamacare is the law of the land

The dangerous, but perhaps best-case/super win scenario for Democrats wreaking havoc in 2018 would be for this thing to pass in the House and be every bit as dead in the Senate as it seems.

The worry is obviously that the Senate figures out a way to pass it and lots of us who rely on it are screwed out of insurance. Not sure I’m willing to roll those dice.

Yep. I buy on the individual market, as my company is too small to offer a group plan. I have a preexisting condition (lower back issues). My brother also buys on the individual market, and he’s a diabetic. None of this stuff is theoretical for us.

We both may have to move out of Missouri if this stuff somehow passes. Happily (?), we have a blue state within driving distance.

Illinois will happily take any willing persons from the Shoe Me (the door) state. You just have to renounce the Cards when you leave.

If these idiots manage to actually do this it will accelerate the death spiral of the whole US health care financing system, and that will soon affect even those of us working for large companies with good health insurance plans.

Yay, Michigan! We have one Republican representative with a brain.

Well, two, but Amash focuses so much brainpower on how bad the legislative process is and ways to push things down to the state level that there’s none left for reality.

The less said about Michigan’s other seven Republican representatives, the better.

Amash is a leans yes in the current whip counts.

Edit: could be related to this. TheHill: Insurer threatens to leave ObamaCare exchanges if subsidies aren’t funded

They’re getting closer.

The worst part of all of this is, that the GOP house members are basically trying to sell the fence-sitters as “The Senate will fix the issues with the bill that you don’t like” and are trying to act like if they write this shitty bill, then it becomes the Senate’s problem. Which this bill will 100% not pass the senate in the current form.

Just a bunch more stupid posturing and buck-passing. What a bunch of losers. Majority in both houses, and still can’t govern.

Curennt Congressasshole is a lean yes on this- so called him today and told him to vote no. He won’t listen. He’s lean yes only because he thinks it doesn’t go far enough.

The HFC have said (though, who knows if they’ll stay that way) that they’ll vote against any changes made to the bill by the Senate.

https://twitter.com/Slate/status/859764293964894208

So what seems to be happening now is House leadership is telling its members to just vote for the bill and let it become the Senate’s problem. The theory is that the Senate will fix the problems in the House bill.

Which of course is ridiculous, since then the bill becomes poison to conservatives in the House.

And of course a yes vote for this terrible bill is potentially a liability for House members in tough races next year.

But I think they’ll pass something this weekend. They kind-of have to at this point.

Oh yeah, this is just punting the issue to the Senate, so they can say “Hey, we passed something” And months from now, when it comes back and they won’t vote for it, they can blame someone else.

The GOP has been doing the blame game for 8 years, it isn’t going to stop now that they have the power.

The Senate is already saying “Don’t send us your shitty bill to fix.”

And whether this does – or doesn’t – pass in the Senate, there are some vulnerable House members who are going to get tattooed on this thing in 2018, regardless of how they personally may have voted on it.

They really truly are fucked. Maybe they should start calling the current legislation “The Affordable Care Act” and stop using the no-no word “obama” and just maybe the idiots that voted for them would forget about everything.

The GOP made their bed, now they must sleep in it. they spent 8 years of complaining about what they couldn’t do, now they can’t figure out what they can do.

Just remember kids, every “Yes” vote here is literally a vote to murder thousands if not millions.

And just remember kids: every vote to put those yes-voters in place was a vote to empower someone who openly talked about how they would use that power to commit murder.

This looks like it could pass, as early as tonight.

My fear – and it is growing – is that the Senate will add $100-200b to high risk pools in the AHCA and pass it and then the House will fall in line on it. And…basically millions will get kicked off medicare, and pre-existing conditions protections will exist in name only and not as a practical thing.

Wait, Medicare or Medicaid, @triggercut ?

Sorry. Medicaid.