Obi Wan film in discussion

Who’s up for some new Obiwan film rumors? Nobody? Well here you go anyway:

http://m.tmz.com/?viewer_country=US#!article/2018/05/17/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-story-movie-plot-director-production/

The synopsis of that film sounds terrible and is an example of why these Star Wars Stories don’t work. Who cares about that story?

I hear you.
There is no reason that Obi can’t travel around. He might even check up on Yoda. I could see an interesting story of Yoda and Obi starting the seeds of the rebellion without ever revealing themselves to the Empire.

Can’t we have a movie that explores what it’s like to live life as a force ghost instead?

Didn’t they do that already do that in animated series?

Didn’t they do that already in that one with Patrick Swayze and Whoopi Goldberg?

Yes.

And I am positive that it could not be improved on in, and therefore any attempt to do so is foolish.

I’ll probably never watch the Animated series, but I’m curious, what is being a Jedi ghost like, according to the animated series?

The life of a jedi ghost is always intense.

Stephen Daldry is a good director. I’m curious to see how the guy behind Billy Elliot, The Hours, and The Crown would handle a gigantic blockbuster action franchise like Star Wars. That plot synopsis sounds like a throwback Western. Ranchers versus Comanches and the gunslinger in between.

So a Star Wars version of Pale Rider?

Did no one read the Kenobi book?

This is exactly that, and it was pretty freakin’ good stuff, honestly.

Would this be the book I am looking for?

Yes, it’s actually quite good, imho.

It wasn’t the worst thing I read out of the EU (now Legends) books, but I really didn’t think it was that good. A ton of it was that shopkeeper character romance, which I felt was super clumsily written.

Okay.

I don’t know why you’d expect a Stephen Daldry Star Wars movie, though. You will get a Disney Star Wars movie or Daldry will be fired.

There’s some variance there. If someone had told me twenty years ago that I’d someday see a Star Wars movie in which all the main characters die, or one with Luke being a sincerely crotchety hermit and not Yoda pretending, I’d have said they were nuts.

The Obi Wan film should be a remake of Midnight Run with Boba Fett as the Bounty Hunter (surprise?) and Obi-Wan as the person he is hired to bring in. It will be great.

The Deadpool movies are popular. Obi Wan should team up with Deadpool. Obi Wan would be the serious Colossus guy.