Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

Most dangerous thing in the stream so far:

nade

Bah. I pulled a back muscle a few days ago and ended up medicated and asleep through tonight’s stream. I see Chappers’ Aliens weren’t on the menu, but another 80s hallmark certainly was, Terminators! I hope this new Terminator game is good, came out of left field for me. Typically, I don’t pay much attention to movie tie-in games.

Somebody needs to make a good Predator game. It’s a shame the next one is a PS4 exclusive.

Time to watch the stream replay and pretend I’m watching live.

EDIT: Just saw the grenade go off. Haha. And Plasma coil explosions are 50% as good as Just Cause explosions.

If @tomchick decides to keep the game installed, this might help. I know I’d certainly need it:

Grenades are rude. I might have pulled the pin, but I did NOT mean to let loose the spoon. That part was the game’s fault! Cf. landmines

I was being a little disingenuous about the y-axis thing. Since it’s an Unreal engine game, I knew I could modify an .ini file to invert the mouse. But I felt like griping, because what kind of developer puts in the option for a controller, but not a mouse? Truth be told, the game felt like it was made for a controller, anyway.

-Tom

Tom, are you one of those people who inverts mouselook? I get it for flight sims, but FPS? Madness!

I think it is a totally legitimate gripe, especially for an audience composed of many people that probably have no idea about the standard .ini files for Unreal engine games (like me). It’s certainly worth noting, and I’m glad you did, because it lets me gauge where the developer’s headspace was at when designing the game for PC (since I prefer to do controller gaming on console as often as possible).

That being said, much of this game was a little too close to Fallout 4 for me to pick up at full price, but I’m glad I got to watch (a Twitch replay of) you stream(ing) it.

Happy Monday! Tonight our very own Tom Chick is streaming… Afterparty - Steam link.

header

You can find the Twitch stream here.

You can find the YouTube stream here.

Voting for Request Wednesday is now open so if you’d like Tom to stream a game that’s on Steam, a few games on EGS, or that he owns on PS4, why not stop by and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday.

Wow not Return of the Jedi: dark souls 3? kk be there in a few.

Tom has to Git Gud on Story Mode difficulty before streaming that. ;)

A game about drinking. I hope it explores the perils of alcoholism.

I was surprised at how little I enjoyed the stream of Afterparty. I sorta wish Tom talked a bit about it, if even to say he was uninstalling it, because it seemed so damn boring to watch. :P

Lets hope Tom is wall running, floating rocks, and hanging from various ledges over the next 2 days in preparation for the Jedi Fallen Order stream on Wednesday.

Incidentally, do we know why Tom was off-mic last night? Hope all is well, or at least anything wrong is temporary and minor.

But won’t the stream be more fun if the character falls off walls and runs blindly off ledges?

Tom has to at least make it out of the tutorial area! ;)

Oh yea, you have a point.

Someone is doing two podcasts and three streams per week while also releasing Dungeon Degenerates videos instead of resting his darn voice. I suspect.

Yeah that what he said in the beginning of the stream. It’s like “load management” in the NBA, except a LOT more necessary.

Might be late tonight @marquac , if you can get the FYI post up.

I missed that. Glad that’s all it is!

Can do, @lordkosc.